Red Bull Air Race

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangj

Reaction score
Detroit...Practice yesterday.

DSC_0662.jpg

Freaking awesome. I love air shows. There is an airport out by me that used to do awesome air shows. Then the rich people moved out by the airport, complained about the noise...no more air shows :mad:

Nice! When I was a kid we used to go see offshore racing in NJ. That and air racing are two things I would give up drinking beer for. Well........ maybe just drinking crappy stuff.

Aaahh. I just love aerobatics and pylon racing. Hopefully they'll get permission to do a show in Stockholm this (or next?) year. In -93 a the fighter Jet "Gripen" - a true engineering marvel designed and manufactured in Sweden for the Swedish Airforce went down among the 300.000 spectators after a control software malfunction. Luckilly, noone was killed and just a couple of was injured:

Anyway, here's another clip with that plane that also gets my adrenalin going:
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=W3VnwJcPYE0&feature=related[/ame]

H

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I would give anything for them to come to the east coast...anywhere on the east coast and I' be there in a heart beat...and I agree, I would give up drinking cheap beer for this

BTW, great pics! What camera and lense(s) did you use?

Since you're into airshows, I'd want to give away a "secret advice" that will bring your pics more "umpf" when shooting airshows -when shooting propeller driven airplanes, play around with shutter speeds slower than 1/500th -it will create some motion blur in the propeller which gives even more sense of speed, flow and motion in the final picture.

H

Thanks for the info.

It was my first air show with a camera.

D40 with 70mm-300mm (AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED)

I'd love to hav egone to see that. Didn't find out about it until too late. Love them race planes. P-51 my favorite (coincidence that I also love the Ford Mustang??)

Back