Find Your Favorite Beer Website

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thwizzit

Reaction score
I just went to a Beer Festival and there was a guy set up that is launching a cool new website called http://www.beermenus.com and what the site does (or will be able to do) is for you to type in the beer you like to drink and it will tell you which bars/pubs in your city that sell that beer and whether or not it’s on tap or in a bottle. He demonstrated it right there and found me all the bars nearby that carry Old Speckled Hen. Very cool.

It sounds to me like it’s a brilliant idea for beer lovers but I think it’s only operational in NYC right now as he said he just quit his job three weeks ago to do this full-time.

Anyway, check it out it's pretty cool and I'm sure if you contact them they’ll catalog your city soon :)

Thwizzit said:
I just went to a Beer Festival and there was a guy set up that is launching a cool new website called http://www.beermenus.com and what the site does (or will be able to do) is for you to type in the beer you like to drink and it will tell you which bars/pubs in your city that sell that beer and whether or not it’s on tap or in a bottle. He demonstrated it right there and found me all the bars nearby that carry Old Speckled Hen. Very cool.

It sounds to me like it’s a brilliant idea for beer lovers but I think it’s only operational in NYC right now as he said he just quit his job three weeks ago to do this full-time.

Anyway, check it out it's pretty cool and I'm sure if you contact them they’ll catalog your city soon :)

Surprised this hasn't got any replies yet. Bout time someone did something like this. I think he'll have to change his approach though. I mean, I would think that keeping track of all the beers in all the bars would pretty difficult. I wonder if it will only allow a search to see the beer or whether you can actually pull up an index of any of the bars in NYC to see what they got on tap.

beersage said:
Surprised this hasn't got any replies yet. Bout time someone did something like this. I think he'll have to change his approach though. I mean, I would think that keeping track of all the beers in all the bars would pretty difficult. I wonder if it will only allow a search to see the beer or whether you can actually pull up an index of any of the bars in NYC to see what they got on tap.

I'm not sure what all the capabilities of the site will be but I think it may be a difficult undertaking and a lot of the information will have to come from the bars themselves. I'm guessing they will have to have some sort of arrangement where they notify the website every month or when they change taps etc.

Maybe the logistics of actually maintaining such a huge database and keeping it accurate will prove too difficult but maybe it will work and spread to more and more cities if he can get bars to participate and breweries (and whoever else) to advertise on the site and make it work.

I guess we'll see.

What else would you expect???

http://www.schlenkerla.de/schlenkerla/ausschank/schlenkerlae.html

Aecht_Schlenkerla_Rauchbier-Maerzen.jpg

Back