Flat beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavinskilton

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just completed a coppers cerveza kit.

I have just tried two bottles, one of which is flat. The other is good with a nice head, I experimented and put two carbonation drops in this bottle rather than one which is suggested in the instructions.

My beer has been bottled now for just over two weeks, is it possible to open them and add more carbonation drops or am I too late?

Thanks in advance

What type of carbonation drops are they? What temps are your bottles stored at?

2 weeks is about the min time to wait for bottles to carb. The standard is up to 3 weeks. I'd make sure your bottles are conditioning at temps around 70F and wait another week.

They are coppers carbonation drops that came with the kit I bought.

The temp I am conditioning at is around 21c I think this is around 70f.

Is it possible to add more carbonation drops at this point? And then leave for another 3 weeks?

The temp sounds good and those drops should be fine.

It's not surprising that the bottle with two drops carb'd much better than the bottles with just one. it's only been two weeks, so I wouldn't worry. Give it at least another week before panicking. In any case I wouldn't bother adding more, just give it time until they do carb. I would fully expect them to carb, just might not be as soon as you'd hoped for.

View this as an experiment. Next time you brew this one you'll know to add extra drops if you want it to carb quickly.

Back