Stone Enjoy By IIPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zmanzorro

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Stone's fresh hopped IIPA?

They have been only sending batches to certain areas for a limited time. I got an email today saying the next deliveries were going to Southern California, Central Coast California, Northern California, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Jersey, New York City, and Texas. Before, they had only been sending it to a few cities in 2 two states at a time. I'm sure they'll only send it to a few places in each state, but it seems like they are delivering more of it than before.

I'm really excited for it to come to Texas. Hoping for Dallas, but wouldn't mind making a road trip to Austin for it.

Had it on tap at Stone. It's delicious. I missed out on the first round of bottles, but looking to pick up a couple this time around.

Thursday is beer delivery day at the shop I work at....fingers crossed!

I got a few bottles of it when it was in Colorado and also at the Great American Beer festival. I thought it was extremely good and might even be one of the best IPAs I've had. I tried every fresh hopped IPA I saw at the GABF and Stone's was by far the best I tried.

Enjoy By was shipped yesterday, so it should be in the new markets hopefully by today. Even heard that Greg Koch will be at the Common Table in Dallas sometime this week to promote it.

It marked as delivered in So Cal yesterday, so I probably missed out on any bottles that came in. Hopefully will get to have a glass at a bar before it disappears completely. I had one of the EB9/21/12s and it was superb.

My wife texted me this picture of the line at Stone Pasadena. The guy there was telling her last week that the kegs for the last release kicked in one hour. Hope she'll be able to get both my 1 liters filled and snag a couple bottles.

ForumRunner_20121120_112607.png

I called and drove around to a lot of shops, just to find a bottle. Its that good... Now, im calling even more places, finding they're sold out within an hour.

I've called a few places in Dallas and they all seem to have it, but they're not selling it until tomorrow. Thanks to Texas beer laws, 10:00 is the earliest a liquor store can open.

I'm usually disappointed by a lot of Stone's specialty stuff so I passed on a pint when I saw it on the menu at a bar during GABF week in Denver... then I tried a sample at the booth and was really impressed. One of the best IIPA's I've had in a really long time.

No, they are the same recipe produced in small quantities because they want them sold, within ~35 days of bottling.

Good to know! It's nice knowing that if I manage to snag a bottle of a later release I will enjoy it as much as the 9/21/12 I had. Thanks!

Got my two bottles from a quikstop that specializes in beers. Got them half priced too due to his special 50% off sale he does every once in awhile.

When I went to the register I told him "I saw your post about the Enjoy Bys yesterday and then saw your post about the 50% sale this morning and raced over here."

He laughed and said, "I thought about adding limit 1 enjoy by per person this morning on that post but didn't"

Glad he didn't!

Got my two bottles from a quikstop that specializes in beers. Got them half priced too due to his special 50% off sale he does every once in awhile.

When I went to the register I told him "I saw your post about the Enjoy Bys yesterday and then saw your post about the 50% sale this morning and raced over here."

He laughed and said, "I thought about adding limit 1 enjoy by per person this morning on that post but didn't"

Glad he didn't!

Is that Bobby in OB? I follow him on twitter, but haven't been by yet.

I've got a couple reserved for me at my bottle shop, picking up on the way home tonight...
:ban:

I feel like one of the owner's of a liquor store, straight up lied about selling out, and wouldn't sell me one bottle of it. lets hope I'm wrong... I found one at bevmo tho!

I feel like one of the owner's of a liquor store, straight up lied about selling out, and wouldn't sell me one bottle of it. lets hope I'm wrong... I found one at bevmo tho!

Which bevmo? My local one said they got it last time but aren't listed on Stone's locator map.

I got one at the la mesa bevmo, but i think santee bevmo also has it.

Actually did end up getting a bottle from a bottleshop I found on the stone website. It's actually an amazing shop- more bottles and incredibly rare stuff I've never seen, but I'm not in a hurry to go back, which is too bad.

I went in, asked about the EnjoyBy and got told I had to be "on the list," that is, to have called in ahead of time to reserve a bottle, but only after the beer was delivered. When I rolled my eyes and started looking at the rest of the selection (amazing, by any standard), he told me he just happened to have 4 bottles "not accounted for" and he could sell me one and same for the other guy wandering the shop, clearly scrutinizing the Stone bombers. I said that sounded great and then he asked me if I was going to buy anything else (read: you had better buy something else if you want a bottle).

Now, I had definitely planned to get something anyway, but that's pretty off-putting. I don't want to return business to a place that's going to jerk me around over special releases like that. Either you have it or you don't. Come on folks- it's limited edition, but Bevmo gets this stuff and Stone's brewery and five Company Stores are a short drive away anyway.

Actually did end up getting a bottle from a bottleshop I found on the stone website. It's actually an amazing shop- more bottles and incredibly rare stuff I've never seen, but I'm not in a hurry to go back, which is too bad.

I went in, asked about the EnjoyBy and got told I had to be "on the list," that is, to have called in ahead of time to reserve a bottle, but only after the beer was delivered. When I rolled my eyes and started looking at the rest of the selection (amazing, by any standard), he told me he just happened to have 4 bottles "not accounted for" and he could sell me one and same for the other guy wandering the shop, clearly scrutinizing the Stone bombers. I said that sounded great and then he asked me if I was going to buy anything else (read: you had better buy something else if you want a bottle).

Now, I had definitely planned to get something anyway, but that's pretty off-putting. I don't want to return business to a place that's going to jerk me around over special releases like that. Either you have it or you don't. Come on folks- it's limited edition, but Bevmo gets this stuff and Stone's brewery and five Company Stores are a short drive away anyway.

I think I just went to the same shop...

Went in, looked around and then asked the guy if he had any Enjoy By. He said he received two cases, and 1-1/2 were for those who reserved some before hand. But he has 3 bottle left. I asked if I could have one and he kind of looked me up and down and asked if I was going to get anything else. I told him I wasn't planning on it, but I needed to get some more for my camping trip so I picked up a sixer of Bigfoot.

Kinda lame, I don't think I'll be going back there. Besides, I don't like how they have so many bottle lined up in the window facing south. A lot of bottles probably getting all skunked up there...

I think I just went to the same shop...

Went in, looked around and then asked the guy if he had any Enjoy By. He said he received two cases, and 1-1/2 were for those who reserved some before hand. But he has 3 bottle left. I asked if I could have one and he kind of looked me up and down and asked if I was going to get anything else. I told him I wasn't planning on it, but I needed to get some more for my camping trip so I picked up a sixer of Bigfoot.

Kinda lame, I don't think I'll be going back there. Besides, I don't like how they have so many bottle lined up in the window facing south. A lot of bottles probably getting all skunked up there...

Ha! Definitely the same shop. All the beer bottles in the window are all empty (no caps or corks) and act as a nice little barrier for the other bottles. Clever, actually, and it looks great. Still, that's pretty shady. Too bad, because I really love the incredible selection of rare and hard to find stuff there.

Ha! Definitely the same shop. All the beer bottles in the window are all empty (no caps or corks) and act as a nice little barrier for the other bottles. Clever, actually, and it looks great. Still, that's pretty shady. Too bad, because I really love the incredible selection of rare and hard to find stuff there.

True, the bottles in the window are empty. But there are full ones right behind them and that gets a LOT of sun in the afternoon.

I work just around the corner from there, so I was pretty stoked when they started to get a better selection, but traffic out of there in the evening is a major PITA!

I go to my shop by my house, great selection and better prices. :mug:

Just wanted to mention that my wife waited in that line at Stone Pasadena for over an hour on her lunch break and wasn't even close to the entrance so she left. She stopped in again on her way home last night and managed to snag one of the last 6 bottles they had and got both my 1 liter growlers filled. Saw on facebook this morning that they still have it on tap for growler fill.

Picked up 2 bottles today. In my eyes, IIPAs can be the most disappointing commercial beer, or they can be some of the best stuff you can find in a bottle. This one belongs in the latter category.

Yep in MO. Got three tonight and drank one with the guys at LHBS and the other two go in frig for friends. It is really clean hop profile liked it a bunch.

Finally drank my bottle- definitely enjoyed it, but I would say it seemed significantly different from the 9/21/12 I had on tap. What was everyone's impression of this one compared to previous EBIPA?

I have had 2 bottles now and a pint on tap all on separate occasions this last week. The novelty is wearing off. I was barely able to finsih my last serving of it which was on tap. Reminds me of New Belgiums Ranger IPA. Loved it at first but now can't stand it.

Finally cracked my first bottle last night. Very fresh and huge burst hops, especially in the aroma. I am not a huge Amarillo hop fan, but it was still very enjoyable. Still have another bottle to finish off too.

Back