Bitter after taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sexton69

Reaction score
My wine after taste is horrible kinda bitter but taste bad..its great when you hold it in your mouth..lol! Is there any way of changing that now

The reason I ask is I've made several wines which have turned out fairly bitter. I made a blackberry wine that was very bitter and I contributed it to leaving the seeds in too long. I have now aged that wine for over 2 years and it is fantastic with very little bitter flavor left. My experience is aging certain wines will help the taste. Some people say to backsweeten the wine to reduce the bitterness. I've found that sometimes this only makes a sweet, bitter wine. I would stick it in a bottle if you already haven't and wait it out.

Are you de-gassing the wine that can knock out a little of the bitterness. All else aging is the only other think I know of those are the two things I do when I have a bitter tasting wine.

Back