Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great clean design and good use of typography. :mug:

I'm not completely sold on the font choice for "Brew Co." It's probably the weight in contrast to the other fonts.

One for the beer that is currently in my primary

ShiftlessBumIPA.jpg

And one for the beer that is on deck and waiting for my primary to be ready.

StoutLabel.jpg

"british thinking - american drinking" sounds better to me. but I am an asshat, so take it for what it's worth.

hmmm i like the idea...i may just have to change that. :mug:

Great clean design and good use of typography.

I'm not completely sold on the font choice for "Brew Co." It's probably the weight in contrast to the other fonts.

Yea i agree with you on that...i just finish it yesterday and still have some alterations to do. Thanks for the criticism though!

Great clean design and good use of typography. :mug:

I'd scrap the "brew co." altogether. The way I see it, Eleven is just so bad-ass and makes such good beer, that we all know it's a brewing company.

Kinda like how Purolator dropped the "courier". Knowwhatimsayin?

I would keep "brew co" but I would change it to BREWING COMPANY and space it out to fit under "eleven," something like this but not necessarily the same font. It creates a hierarchy of text, with a primary, secondary, and tertiary zone
yjm2c.jpg

I'd scrap the "brew co." altogether. The way I see it, Eleven is just so bad-ass and makes such good beer, that we all know it's a brewing company.

Kinda like how Purolator dropped the "courier". Knowwhatimsayin?

haha i wouldnt go that far as of bad ass beer. I mean forcing your girlfriend and dog to drink my beer doesnt count as bad ass beer....knowwhatimsayin?

and slinky, love your paint skills, il move the words around, think spelling out brewing company fits better too...thanks again

haha i wouldnt go that far as of bad ass beer. I mean forcing your girlfriend and dog to drink my beer doesnt count as bad ass beer....knowwhatimsayin?

and slinky, love your paint skills, il move the words around, think spelling out brewing company fits better too...thanks again

Haha, no problem, I'm addicted to graphic design so its fun for me. I actually mocked that up real quick in illustrator.

Okay, my idea is no where near as fancy/detailed as most of yours, but I'm thinking 'simple' for my logo. Looking for critique (definitely want to change the font), and if anyone has the ability to change the colors (blue where the brown/brown where blue is) I'd really appreciate it.

Backwaters.JPG

Okay, my idea is no where near as fancy/detailed as most of yours, but I'm thinking 'simple' for my logo. Looking for critique (definitely want to change the font), and if anyone has the ability to change the colors (blue where the brown/brown where blue is) I'd really appreciate it.

If you have a higher resolution image I could do it.

Wish I did. Unfortunately I through that together awhile back and that's all I have...damn. Appreciate it though.

Yep, just like that...although, to be honest, I think I like the colorscheme on the first better...

Thoughts? Critique?

Here you go, I threw this together in the 5 minutes between two of my classes, I did the best I could with the graphic, it's tough because theres not that much detail.

2ivkvn9.jpg

Whoops, didn't realize there wasn't a apostrophe between the r and the s, I didn't save it but I can make it again, or photoshop the letters closer and the apostrophe out.

Very nice, thanks! Might change the script to something a bit more rustic but it looks awesome!

I like the idea of labels, especially when you're giving your brews as gifts, but being the lazy person I am, I made a multi-use tag that I just tie on the necks with twine. For the ones I give out, I wax the caps. It actually looks pretty cool. I don't have an actual picture, but heres the tag I came up with.

Great idea....I like it!

Amazing thread, very entertaining. You guys have all done GREAT work. I posted my first few labels in a separate thread But my latest project is a LOTR-themed series called "Lord of the Ales". I haven't developed all the branding for it yet and I am still playing around with fonts. I am using some LOTR fonts I found online and illustrations by the Brothers Hildebrandt below. This whole thing started because I have a 100% Nelson Sauvin IPA and I wanted to play on the New Zealand theme....

Wow! Very nice work!

Man, after seeing some of the awesome and professional looking labels here, I'm almost ashamed to post these... But here we go anyway. Which one? (maybe both)

winter3.jpg

winter2.jpg

I like to keep it simple, and black and white, to keep printing easy.

Also, nothing to do with Blue Moon. I forgot about that when I came up with the name.

So thanks to Burro2882 and his awesome logo help for me I decided to try a label. I am going for the space based theme where all of the beers with have something to do with astronomy/astrophysics/general space related items. This is kind of busy and crazy and not completed yet but all criticism and ideas will be appreciated. I am handicapped when it comes to photoshop...

edit: new label much better

Re94B.jpg

Here's a new label for my winter beer. I finally designed a logo I like, so I wanted to redesign and rechristen my spiced winter ale.

Thanks!

winter-ale.jpg

Here's a new label for my winter beer. I finally designed a logo I like, so I wanted to redesign and rechristen my spiced winter ale.

Thanks!

When I think of "mammoth" I would assume it would be a big beer. 5.5% seems a little light for a "Mammoth". But hey still a cool lable, Congrats.

When I think of "mammoth" I would assume it would be a big beer. 5.5% seems a little light for a "Mammoth". But hey still a cool lable, Congrats.

how bout "wooly mammoth"? somehow it seems more wintery, especially given the snow on the graphic...just a thought. Either way, I like the label :mug:

So I'm trying something different, I bought a can of chalkboard spraypaint, and this seems to be working after a couple of washes. Haven't thrown them through a star-san rinse yet, so that'll be the real test.

i-kPp9NZk-L.jpg

i-gRZQt6d-L.jpg

So I'm trying something different, I bought a can of chalkboard spraypaint, and this seems to be working after a couple of washes. Haven't thrown them through a star-san rinse yet, so that'll be the real test.

WHAT. Chalkboard spray paint exists?!? That seems like a BRILLIANT idea! Crack open that milk stout and Star San that bottle so you can report back ASAP!

thought i would try my hand at making a label. just grabbed an image off of google.....

Nice job! All images came from Google image search. You can even upload an image and it will find similar images...

Chia said:
thought i would try my hand at making a label. just grabbed an image off of google.....

Nice looking label. Clean and simple. Fyi, you misspelled "making"

Man, after seeing some of the awesome and professional looking labels here, I'm almost ashamed to post these... But here we go anyway. Which one? (maybe both)

winter3.jpg

winter2.jpg

I like to keep it simple, and black and white, to keep printing easy.

Also, nothing to do with Blue Moon. I forgot about that when I came up with the name.

Really like these. Clean and simple. I like the second one better, but both really great.

Whoa! That Galaxy Pale is awesome!

Here's the Grateful Dead themed label I made today for my mild, "Althea":

Xfpqy.jpg

(Language note: "Skyggebryggeriet" is Norwegian, meaning "The Shadow Brewey", or alternatively "The brewery in the shadows".

Any other deadheads in here?

Back