What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Night cap HB centennial ipa..

image-4127233790.jpg

WesleyS said:
This. Sorry Gabe, I don't have an Oerbier glass but I hope I passed your glassware test with this one. :p
That is really good as well! You guys were showing the de dolle love last night. Maybe I should have cracked open the SNR :)

Happy Thanksgiving ya'll. Woke up at 4:30 to bake croissants and make fruit salad for the mrs to take to work. They're having a breakfast potluck today. She always signs up for the holidays because double time is awesome and we don't care what day we celebrate on. Dinner was great last night, I'm still stuffed this morning. Threw a coaster on the New Holland bourbon barrel wheatwine Fuzzy sent me that I shouldn't have opened last night and I'm having that post coffee before going back to sleep. It's actually much better now, the heat has faded a little, though it still tastes more like bourbon than beer. About time for a nap.

allenH said:
CCB Jai Alai. Since they have upped their production, the freshest I can find is 3 weeks. Damn you, GA, PA and NY!!! (And various other states that have been getting my fresh Jai Alai)

So, if PA is getting your precious Jai Lai it must be the new and exclusive kind. Is that a new variant? Or maybe Philly is hogging it all...as usual. There's enough of you from Philly. What say you?

Also, happy thanksgiving! I hope the beer flows and the turkey is (mostly) dead! Gonna go watch the Macy's parade with my daughter. Maybe go drink some bacon and eat some cider.

MrNickVT said:
That is really good as well! You guys were showing the de dolle love last night. Maybe I should have cracked open the SNR :)

Yes, you should've. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving ya'll. Woke up at 4:30 to bake croissants and make fruit salad for the mrs to take to work. They're having a breakfast potluck today. She always signs up for the holidays because double time is awesome and we don't care what day we celebrate on. Dinner was great last night, I'm still stuffed this morning. Threw a coaster on the New Holland bourbon barrel wheatwine Fuzzy sent me that I shouldn't have opened last night and I'm having that post coffee before going back to sleep. It's actually much better now, the heat has faded a little, though it still tastes more like bourbon than beer. About time for a nap.

Glad you had a good dinner last night! Brewing this afternoon?

So, if PA is getting your precious Jai Lai it must be the new and exclusive kind. Is that a new variant? Or maybe Philly is hogging it all...as usual. There's enough of you from Philly. What say you?

Also, happy thanksgiving! I hope the beer flows and the turkey is (mostly) dead! Gonna go watch the Macy's parade with my daughter. Maybe go drink some bacon and eat some cider.

We'll send you our leftovers if (and only if) there are any! ;)

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Last cup of coffee now - been busy making cornbread (I've been given the 'recipe') and the bird is in the oven. Watching the NBC ad stream that occasionally shows the Macy's parade. Will head out to hang wreaths in a minute and then crack open some brews!

TNGabe said:
The right brett can be used as the primary strain for anything. Can be used as secondary strain as well. What brett did you get?
I'm not sure I will have to ask him. He just gave am a jar no spacifics, I'm really not familiar with it so I never asked. Didn't know there wet types. I'll let u know. Happy thanksgiving you and yours

From 2 Saturdays ago at a Friendsgiving gathering. Under 1hr from raw to perfectly cooked.

ForumRunner_20131128_105145.jpg

ForumRunner_20131128_105211.jpg

ForumRunner_20131128_105235.jpg

Glad you had a good dinner last night! Brewing this afternoon?

We'll send you our leftovers if (and only if) there are any! ;)

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Last cup of coffee now - been busy making cornbread (I've been given the 'recipe') and the bird is in the oven. Watching the NBC ad stream that occasionally shows the Macy's parade. Will head out to hang wreaths in a minute and then crack open some brews!

I might decide to brew. I've got a pomelo that I've been wanting to use in a brett white IPA. I've also been getting crazy with the hops and would like to try and make a more restrained pale ale with 3942. Need to get another batch of BdG going for a thing in May and want to take a stab at making an Oerbier inspired brew as well. I'd like to make an imperial stout to surprise the mrs with for Valentine's day. I've only got two primaries to use at the moment so I'll have to narrow it down.

A friend is coming over to bottle the 10 gallons of cider I made for him, so I may just brew tomorrow instead. The cider is embarissingly not my most successful fermentation project. We'll experiment with adjusting the final products with some tannin and acid blend.

Cornbread, eh? Please tell me there is cast iron and little to no sugar involved.

Hope you have a great day Mark! Enjoy the cooking, company, and eating of course.

I'm not sure I will have to ask him. He just gave am a jar no spacifics, I'm really not familiar with it so I never asked. Didn't know there wet types. I'll let u know. Happy thanksgiving you and yours

Do let me know. I'll happily ramble on about my limited knowledge of yeast taxonomy if you like.

Coffee and homemade donuts.

Those look darn fine!

I'm drinking coffee, something I haven't done much of lately as I got pretty burned out on roasting when I was doing it for the farmers market. Did a couple batches in the popcorn popper last night. How many of you coffee drinkers roast your own and who else uses a scale and a timer to brew?

Man the food looks yummy!

Water here but about to crack a stout.
Anyone wanna answer a newbie question? I have a hefeweizen I just started, all extract. I was going to add 120L but opted not to. I have wheat extract and intended to add to boil about 15-20 before flame out. Do I even need a 60 minute boil if bitterness is what I am going to avoid? I googled but there are mixed reviews. Thought I'd clutter the thread with a newbie OT question. :D

Man the food looks yummy!

Water here but about to crack a stout.
Anyone wanna answer a newbie question? I have a hefeweizen I just started, all extract. I was going to add 120L but opted not to. I have wheat extract and intended to add to boil about 15-20 before flame out. Do I even need a 60 minute boil if bitterness is what I am going to avoid? I googled but there are mixed reviews. Thought I'd clutter the thread with a newbie OT question. :D

120L? You mean crystal 120? Good call on not adding. Hefe is pils + wheat. That's it. No idea on your extract question. That stuff seems more complicated than all grain to me.

No turkey for you today? :(

Back