What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last time i was drinking pints of it got pretty ugly, I was Foooked up, so tasty,
HB milk stout for me

Well, I am still working my other job so I have to take it easy but it is chilly and I need to be warm. I am a fan of drinking more in place of sweaters and jackets. :ban:

One more apfelwein, for science. This is my plastic bottle used to test carbonation. 5 oz of AJ is alllll good. :ban:

PS , is it bad that my little pizza says "serves 2" on the box and I giggled like a school girl at the thought of sharing such a small pizza? Giggled like a fat school girl, but giggled nonetheless. :D

having a FG sample of my apfelwein, finished at .998. Now I cant decide if I wanna carb it even tho the dextrose h2o mixture is chilling already

2013-11-04 17.39.49.jpg

having a FG sample of my apfelwein, finished at .998. Now I cant decide if I wanna carb it even tho the dextrose h2o mixture is chilling already

Looks real good. How long did it take to brew? I started my first batch on Saturday and while it's fermenting strong, there's a faint smell of rhino farts.

MrNickVT said:
I likes Nelson hops and I like a good saison. I'm inspired

I think Nelson is a perfect Saison hop. This one is 23ibu, .5 FWH, .5 @15 and a 2oz "stir-pool".

Looks real good. How long did it take to brew? I started my first batch on Saturday and while it's fermenting strong, there's a faint smell of rhino farts.

haha I cant say I had rhino fart smells but I started it october 1st, cleared about a week or so ago. ITs soooo good already :D

MrNickVT said:
I need to get a ferm chamber before I start brewing saisons

That's the only benefit of brewing in Florida, Saison season is pretty much year round, this one was fermented in the 90's in the garage with Belle Saison.

image-947953413.jpg

Having another.

All this talk of apfelwein is making me thirsty, I haven't dip into mine in a while.
The keg is getting light but i have another 5 gallons I made back in April so i think it's ready to go.:D

All this talk of apfelwein is making me thirsty, I haven't dip into mine in a while.
The keg is getting light but i have another 5 gallons I made back in April so i think it's ready to go.:D

get on some! I am about to bottle and will have to have a glass with dextrose and see how it is sweetened :D

New brewery opened about 5 miles from my house over the weekend. Grist brewing.

Pretty good hefe. Not gravity defying...I just can't work my phone.

ForumRunner_20131104_173002.png

Shorts Brewing Black Diamond Black American lager. So far no throw away beers in this box! This ones really good, good dark roast and a nice clean with a little sweet maybe lactose finish. Id definately buy it if it was released in six packs. Edit: dont know whats up with the other pic. Stupid sucky app

ForumRunner_20131104_193200.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131104_193141.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131104_193141.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 68
Hey what yeast did you use and is it dry? Mine is dry dry dry, but understandably so. I did carb mine, took about a week.

My last pull of rye saison, RIP, you where a good one.;)

My last pull ended a bit differently. :p

Hey what yeast did you use and is it dry? Mine is dry dry dry, but understandably so. I did carb mine, took about a week.

My last pull ended a bit differently. :p

just used montrachet, mines dry but taste so good! I used the exact edwort recipe. 5 gallons treetop juice, 2 lb dextrose and one pack montrachet

Doin' that DirtWolf while kegging a saison, dryhopping a second saison, and transferring a third saison onto some chardonnay-soaked oak cubes & brett. Seasons be damned.

LoloMT7 said:
coffee

I probably should have used blow-off tubes on my RIS. I've got a bit of a mess to clean up after work. But on the bright side my bathroom smells like coffee/chocolate awesomeness :D

Been there....

MrNickVT said:
Wow at 13% this is an easy drinker. But I'm going to take it slow!

If I have a couple before I drink that one I agree completely about its drinkability. But if its the 1st one of the night for me it is pretty boozy in my opinion. A pretty good brew from them. Cheers.

I guess this makes 1001:p

SONNNNNOFABITCH!

So I'm pasteurizing my bottles of apfelwein and wondering if I actually need to. I guess I do since I back sweetened just a bit and added priming sugar. I just hate the process, it's a lengthy one.

Your safer, I'm lazy and keg.

Actually, I wish I could but here's a thought. I boil water, take it off the stove and set the bottles in there. Of course, it is cold and the water gets cool over time. How come I cannot load up 170F water into my igloo cooler (where I ferment beer) and toss some bottles in, close the lid, and call it a day? Then the water stays fairly even temp and that hot of water should be okay because people use similar coolers as mash tuns, right?

Actually, I wish I could but here's a thought. I boil water, take it off the stove and set the bottles in there. Of course, it is cold and the water gets cool over time. How come I cannot load up 170F water into my igloo cooler (where I ferment beer) and toss some bottles in, close the lid, and call it a day? Then the water stays fairly even temp and that hot of water should be okay because people use similar coolers as mash tuns, right?

Just depends how confident you are a explosion wouldnt leave any glass bits embedded in the cooler to fall into your next brew. Now having hard tea while attending to almost done batch of Skeeter Pee

Haven't had a damn beer all day. I feel odd. I did buy a lot of beer, though. Have yet to drink one. Maybe tomorrow. :D

Been smacking glasses of water since this morning.

Back