12 yr old Orange Blossom mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddrod

Reaction score
Found a couple of bottles I had hiding in my cabinet. Decided to try some. All I can say is that it is like drinking pure orange blossoms. It is awesome.

MM... I'm very jealous. That sounds awesome.

I need to get a better job, become financially stable, buy a house, and then start hiding mead. I better not be in this apartment 12 years from now.

I'm throwing the B.S. flag! I think you should send me a bottle and I'll be the judge of such claims ;)

It does sound delicious!

Of course now you have to give us some insight into how this was made. Do you have the recipe you used, the ABV, which yeast, etc.? Also, how did you bottle it? any sulfites? How was it stored?

Inquiring minds want to know how to age mead for 12 years successfully.

Medsen

I am sorry to say that it was made when I did not keep any records of what I was doing, but I do remember a few things.

I remember that it was 3lbs to the gallon of orange blossom honey out of Florida.
I do know that it was Montrachet yeast. That was all I used back then.
I bottled it in glass screw top Boones Farm Wine bottles and had it stored in the dark in my home the entire time.
Sulfites - I do not think I used any.

I am sorry to say that it was made when I did not keep any records of what I was doing...

The Horror..... :eek:

Well we know that means it wasn't a high ABV batch - probably no more than 13%. Was it sweet or dry?

Clearly screw tops work for long aging.

Back