WTF is a honey boo boo?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mom has been in the entertainment industry for years, most of us may remember her as Big Al from the Country Bear's Jamboree.

bigal.png

I watched some interview clips. I hope they save they money they make now because that little girl is goning to be so spoiled when she grows up (she is now) I'll bet she won't know how to cope with life unless she continues to be spoiled.

It's actually pretty funny. But you have to be REALLY drunk. As in, too drunk to change the channel. As in, so drunk you try to change the channel with your cell phone, then give up and have another beer.

So drunk you think June (the farting momma) is kind of hot.

THAT drunk.

:tank:

Coming next season (yes, it got renewed): Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas specials and a new family member: Gay Uncle Poodle.

I wonder how many of you pretentious yahoos watch a lot more tv than you lead us to believe?
Cable TV is full of this kind of trash. They have entire channels devoted to this kind of stuff. E!, Bravo, hell, we even have some sort of reality tv channel that shows all sorts of fake car reposessions, storage unit auctions, and cop shows.

I wonder how many of you pretentious yahoos watch a lot more tv than you lead us to believe?
Cable TV is full of this kind of trash. They have entire channels devoted to this kind of stuff. E!, Bravo, hell, we even have some sort of reality tv channel that shows all sorts of fake car reposessions, storage unit auctions, and cop shows.

:hs: And here we have the award winner for #1 least useful post in 48 hours. Congrats, whoeveryouare!

Did sumone steal the katsup out your sghetti?

I actually looked this **** up on youtube, just to give it the benefit of the doubt and not dismiss it without giving it a shot. It made me want to have exactly four more beers plus one, maybe two, glasses of scotch to erase it from my mind.

I actually looked this **** up on youtube, just to give it the benefit of the doubt and not dismiss it without giving it a shot. It made me want to have exactly four more beers plus one, maybe two, glasses of scotch to erase it from my mind.

The saddest and sickest part of the whole thing is that enough people watch this cr@p that it stays on television.

I don't watch this particular show, but I watch similar things.

I watch television to experience things safely. I'm intrigued by the horribleness of it. I want to see how these people live, but don't want to actually know them.

My wife and I got rid of television like 5 or 6 years ago. It has been one of the greatest decisions we ever made. We have more time in our day, do more productive hobbies (like make booze!), and do not really miss television one bit. The only drawback is that occasionally when I hear a lot of "news" about something television related, I have no idea what its all about and have to ask things like...

"WTF is a honey boo boo?"

Wife and I don't have cable either, sometimes it saddens me.. but then:

Today in my anthropology class Honey boo boo was brought up..

I asked my self WTF is that.

Then I found out; I am no longer saddened for not having cable.

Caught the wife watching this thing about 10 minutes into her first time viewing one of these episodes. Put the foot down and it is not allowed in our house.

But....its not going to go away soon. They are getting a decent chuck of change to film the series now but they are being renewed at a BIG pay raise. It is apparently a big hit. The crap on TV now makes me a bit sad every time the TV comes on.

Television is mostly garbage anymore that's why I don't have cable. Reality tv just rewards idiocy and it's all staged anyway.

Look @ Kim Kardashian; what she's famous for and her bull**** marriage. The divorce is taking longer than the marriage lasted.

Or Duck Dynasty

I actually like that show. But you know the only reason they do or say anything is to play up the drama.

The saddest thing is some people think it's actually ok to act like this. 20 somethings especially. They were raised or mtv's The Realword and Road Rules and act accordingly.

It's terrifying to think about the direction our society is heading.

One of the greatest nations in the history of the world and what is our contribution? Reality tv.

One of the greatest nations in the history of the world and what is our contribution? Reality tv.

Makes perfect sense.... the US ranks like 40th in the world when it comes to education, and that doesn't even take into account the mis-information that runs rampant in many of our public school systems. The lack of quality education that students are allowed to graduate HS with is appalling. It's no wonder that trash like this is what people enjoy watching. It's like us home brewers watching programming about beer and brewing.

Woah woah woah... hold up... Duck? Dynasty? WTF is that? Is that like a new Duck Tales where Scrooge McDucks kids are all grown up?

Yes, in a way, it is.... except their complete rural white trash with unrealistically not terrible looking (considering the men) women. I've only seen previews, but it looks...... ummmm....... I dunno, like all those shows look.....

I am so glad that I only watch about 4 hours of TV a week, and a lack of good programming is the main reason. I would much rather spend my evenings communicating you wonderful yeahoos and reading on the Internet than watching mindless dribble.

Yes, in a way, it is.... except their complete rural white trash with unrealistically not terrible looking (considering the men) women. I've only seen previews, but it looks...... ummmm....... I dunno, like all those shows look.....

They only have decent looking women because of the money. The bigger problem that I have is, if you're going to make a reality show, make it about something interesting, not ****ing duck calls. ****ing duck calls!!! Unfortunately the target market isn't people who are interested in duck calls, it's just rednecks, who will watch anything, especially if it has other rednecks in it, regardless of content. And there are a lot of rednecks out there.

To be honest as a show it sucks, but you are too harsh on the family, actually, I admire them.

They're a family with parents working hard to provide for their children on a low budget but still they manage to raise a happy, united and loving family. Yes they might be uneducated, overweight and loud but how many families that close you know nowadays?

Wirk said:
To be honest as a show it sucks, but you are too harsh on the family, actually, I admire them.

They're a family with parents working hard to provide for their children on a low budget but still they manage to raise a happy, united and loving family. Yes they might be uneducated, overweight and loud but how many families that close you know nowadays?

I know, it's really hard to squeak by on 20 grand an episode. Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

I'll agree that they are close and thats great. I think why a lot of us are harshing on them 1) because pageants seem exploitative and unhealthy, particularly the ones they are competing in (giving a small child mountain dew and redbull together so they can compete seems like borderline child abuse 2) some of the stuff that comes out of their mouths is mind-numbingly stupid and 3) the show really has no reason to exist.

I hope you're trying to be ironic.

Back