Metallic-like taste after kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gxm

Reaction score
I brewed a Belgian style Pale Ale and after 2 weeks primary & two weeks secondary, I kegged into a new to me keg. At kegging, the beer tasted wonderful, smooth & with a delicate fruit flavor.
After a week in the keg, a sample came out with a sharp metallic taste 7 no fruitiness.
Now, two weeks into the keg, there is less of a metallic taste, and it decreased over the course of the beer.
I bought this keg used & it was quite dirty. It has been disassembled, soaked in hot PBW twice, scrubbed & rinsed. I also soaked in Star San.

Any ideas what could cause the change in flavor from the time of kegging? None of my other kegged beers have had this.
I plan to let the beer continue to sit.

I'm using corny kegs.
Turns out the metallic flavor went away after 3-4 weeks in the keg, and turned into one of my best beers so far. The beer disappeared at a party like it had a leak :mug:

Seems like almost all of my questions to this board can be answered by "Patience young brewer, patience"

I'm using corny kegs.
Turns out the metallic flavor went away after 3-4 weeks in the keg, and turned into one of my best beers so far. The beer disappeared at a party like it had a leak :mug:

Seems like almost all of my questions to this board can be answered by "Patience young brewer, patience"
Well, I usually use the word "Grasshopper"...;)

Patience young padiwan...

I prefer relax, have a beer. You tend to let it go then, RDHWAB (Probably messing that up :drunk: good homebrew...)

Back