Winemaking books for beginners?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gimmebeer

Reaction score
I've been surprised and disappointed in the how-to books I've found on winemaking so far. I'm wondering whether there is one out there that really lays out the basics in an organized fashion and acknowledges that kits are where many of us start.

I've read portions of "The Joy of Home Wine Making" (nearly worthless if you want to make grape wine), Iverson's "Home Winemaking Step by Step" (not as organized as its title sounds and virtually mum on kits) and "The Way to Make Wine" by Warrick (easily the best but still not written with kits in mind). I just started brewing beer in January and could name at least three homebrewing books (Palmer, Papazian and Dummies) that are way more useful for beginners than anything I've seen on wine.

Anyone know of a good basic book that includes kit info?

Thanks

I can't personally comment as to the quality of these books, but a friend has highly recommended them.

They are free and downloadable, just click and follow the prompts.

The blog itself is all about winemaking, and is a great source of information in itself.

Just scroll down for the English versions.

Go to www.wijnmaker.blogspot.com.

Pogo

Thanks. I've seen the Keller site and agree with an earlier poster that there's a lot of good info but it's not easy to navigate. Web sites are nice, but I really like a good old-fashioned book that lets me kick back in a chair and read. Thanks, all.

Back