BrewHardware is hiring in Hunterdon County

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
Hello fellow NJ brewers! BrewHardware.com just moved into a larger building to support our growth and we're looking for another part time employee to help out.

While the initial work is going to be based on picking/packing orders in the warehouse, we're also outfitting our retail space to be able to start selling ingredients and other consumables. To that end, I come to you here on Homebrewtalk because I'd like to find someone that is familiar with brewing already so you can assist in the retail side when needed.

I would prefer someone that lives within 15 miles of Whitehouse Station, NJ because there will be some days where we only need you for 3-4 hours. I WILL consider people further away if necessary and we'll just increase the shift time and go with less days. We are not looking to hire temporary summer positions so if you are home from college but going back, no dice.

PM me here or email [email protected]

Congrats on the growth Bobby! Wish I was closer and had the time to help. I'll be placing an order soon and would gladly come up and pack my own order for you.:D

Congratulations, I need to pickup some things also
Can't wait to see the new retail store. Let us know when it is Open

It's been slow going getting the shop together. I was also buying and selling my residence at the same time. I'm getting closer though. I have my wholesale accounts setup with LD and Brewcraft and just purchased a ton of display shelving and refrigeration.

It's been really slow going but I am showing some progress. We're in the middle of converting over all our existing products to a new website platform so that it will make adding the next 300 products that much easier and also allow for point of sale in the store. We run a pretty thin staff so having good tools is really important to keep accurate stock levels.

One of the last major obstacles is figuring out our grain room and dispensing system. I'm adamant that we offer less than 1 pound increments on specialty malts so stocking everything prebagged just isn't going to cut it. I'm also working on motorizing the shop Monstermill and plumbing in a dust control system. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal but I have to put 10 hours a day into order fulfillment and my family also wants to see me like one hour a day. Nags... haha.

20140811_112017[1].jpg

20140811_112002[1].jpg

20140811_111952[1].jpg

Looking good Bobby! This has been a long time coming for a legitimate LHBS in Jersey, thank you. Selection, price, and knowledgeable staff all under one roof. Congratulations, wishing you all the success in the world!

Unfortunately Piscataway has been changing for the worse for the last 5 or so years so I had to bail for the sake of my kids.

While I'm still focusing 99% of my day to the online side of things, I have been making progress in the store. By the way, we're open for business.

IMG_9140.jpg

IMG_9141.jpg

IMG_9142.jpg

IMG_9143.jpg

IMG_9144.jpg

are you going to sell 50pound sacks? Also, will you sell ounces of speciality grain for in-store only?

Yes, full sacks are available. Basically as long as the website shows stock of 50 or 55 pounds, it's available at the sack pricing. If you add full sack weight to the cart, it automatically discounts by 15%.

What I haven't quite figured out on the less than pound quantities is exactly how to inventory in the system.

Bobby, the store looks great. I don't know how I missed this until now.

If you look into a satellite store in the southern New England area, I am available (full time).

I have really been satisfied with my few purchases. Xmas is coming up, time to look for new things.

Back