First brew is looking good.. :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridemywideglide

Reaction score
Well after my beginner mistakes, (see previous post) I think my beer is really looking good. Excellent if I may say so myself.. :D

I bottled last week, and though it still has a slightly green flavor, the 2 I had tonight really taste like a great stout. :fro:

I'm going to let it sit (if I can,lol) for another 3 weeks before calling it done.
I did notice;
The strong carmel/chocolate/coffee smell that was so great coming out of the fermenter has changed to the more bitter, old coffee smell, and lost alot of the sweetness. BUT, the bitter 3 week old coffee flavor out of the fermenter has become much more carmel/coffee. I'm hoping that a few more weeks in the bottle will bring out more of the carmel/chocolate. It definately has smoothed and mellowed ALOT.. I'd rather be drinking it young that drinking the corona I have now.. :mug:

I've got a wheat in the fermenter since last sunday now.. Is it going to be ok to leave it in there until next weekend? I don't have any bottles ATM so I have to leave it.

Thanks
Brad

yes its fine to leave the wheat. if you wanted, you could leave it in primary 3 weeks, then bottle like normal (skipping secondary).

that's a common practice for brewing hefeweizen, which doesn't/shouldn't be a really clear beer.

Back