Brooklyn Brew Kit Everyday IPA dry hop??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hsu_edward89

Reaction score
Hey all,
I just completed my first wort and is now fermenting in a glass carboy. My question is, whether I can dry hop and if possible when I should. My kit only came with one carboy so is it possible to dry hop in the primary fermenter? Also, it's only a 1 gallon kit so if I am able to dry hop how much would you recommend dry hopping? Thanks in advance!

You can certainly dry hop in a primary. I would wait for active fermentation to slow way down, basically wait until you see infrequent bubbles in the airlock (maybe 5-7 days from pitching). As for amount, I would stay under a quarter of an ounce, but that's just me!

You can definitely dry hop in the primary. Just wait for fermentation to complete. Adding it early just means the aroma flies out with the CO2.

I usually do 3oz for a 5 gallon batch, so that would scale down to 0.6oz per gallon.

Agree with the above posts. I always dry hop in primary and then cold crash before bottling. I think between .25 and .5 oz would be perfect.

Yes, a day or 2 before bottling I place the fermentor in the fridge so all the hop particles settle to the bottom before siphoning to my bottling bucket. It just helps clear the beer.

Back