Beer bars in Amsterdam?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viper78

Reaction score
I have a trip coming up to England and I have a stop over in Amsterdam for one night. (If there was a way to stay longer I would) Now while I realize it isn't Belgium I am certain there are quite a few good beer bars that might have some of the best beers from across the border. Does anyone who has been have any suggestions for the best places to get a good beer in Amsterdam? Also are there any other non beer related must see things. Thanks in advance.

Non beer related things are the Anne Frank House and the Van Gough Museum. Also, La Canna cafe, grey area, de dampkring are good spots. Shouldn't have trouble finding good beer at all.

Gollem's closed (the one opposite Cracked Kettle).

Arendsnest is pretty good and the Beer Temple's OK too (both owned by the same guy).

The best beer shop is De Bierkoning (just off Dam Square).

I guess I should have put this will be a Sunday night. Though I was reading Sunday is now like a weekday for all the tourist stuff like museums and the like that may not be the case with bars and restaurants.

I guess I should have put this will be a Sunday night. Though I was reading Sunday is now like a weekday for all the tourist stuff like museums and the like that may not be the case with bars and restaurants.

Arendsnest and Beer Temple are certainly open on Sundays.

I'd be surprised if many restaurants/cafes/bars close on Sundays - may be they'll shut a bit earlier, but you won't go hungry or thirsty.

Back