Question about secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HebrewPaleAle

Reaction score
I am currently brewing a batch of Strawberry Blonde Ale. It fermented just fine and I am about to transfer to a secondary. But the bubbles have stopped coming out of the airlock. It's only been five days . . . how will this affect my beer ( I am still going to transfer it to secondary and add isinglass for clarity and 4lbs of strawberries, I would just like to know how this will effect the overall brew)

I am currently brewing a batch of Strawberry Blonde Ale. It fermented just fine and I am about to transfer to a secondary. But the bubbles have stopped coming out of the airlock. It's only been five days . . . how will this affect my beer ( I am still going to transfer it to secondary and add isinglass for clarity and 4lbs of strawberries, I would just like to know how this will effect the overall brew)

Have you taken a hydrometer reading? If you haven't, your primary fermentation might not be done, and you'll end up with a beer that hasn't attenuated out.

This would cause the beer to have a lower ABV, and to taste slightly sweeter.

it's likely a big part of your fermentation is done. I would personally wait 3-5 more days and then transfer to secondary. The best way to really know what's going on is to take a hydrometer reading. There really shouldn't be any effect on your brew at this point so.... RDWHAHB.

~~~P

Some strains of yeast ferment faster than others. My brews have pretty much been done with the first big BLAST of fermentation in about 48 hours. On my very FIRST brew, that got me worried. Now, I know better...or I've learned some patience.

I'd encourage you to leave it in primary for at least seven days. The yeast ARE still active...and will continue to be active until you or someone else drinks the beer!

glenn514:mug:

Back