Here's a fun fact...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c.n.budz

Reaction score
For 2008 the only craft beers to beat out King Cobra, Colt 45 & Olde English 800 in total volume sales were Yuengling and Sam Adams Boston Lager.

Now before anyone jumps down my throat about Yuengling and SA not being craft beers, please note I'm using the industry designation for them, not what all of us beer geeks would consider them.

Apparently we Americans prefer our 40's of malt liquor to a nice tastey craft brew....:confused:

haha...you forget to remember that most poor people can only afford those and that most of those people buy alcohol. Also...I love Yuengling

I do agree that it is crap though.

craft beer is definitely not popular at all. espically where i live. most people that i will let try some good beer usually tells me its too strong, or too dark, or too bitter, or like one person told me the other day about the old rasputin, "it doesnt have any drinkability, i cant finish one of those beers off." he precided to crush colt 45's and steel reserves.

FYI - Mickeys caps will screw onto the top of a Mississippi Mud bottle. in case you lose your original. I think they make neat little growlers.

Mickey's comes in cans...why would you be buying it in bottles?

I don't buy it in bottles or cans. I get empties from the beer place and I grab all the Mississippi Mud bottles I can, and all the Mickey's caps I can to go on them. The mickey's that I've seen come in largemouth green stubbies. Pretty cool bottles IMO.

Back