Someone recommend a good extract kit or recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbrewr4fun

Reaction score
I am currently conditioning in secondary a batch of Belgian strong ale. It was an extract with steeping grains kit. So far after about 3 weeks it is pretty tasty for flat beer.

I have tried a dark stout, and a mirror pond clone. I didn't think the mirror pond turned out so well but am hoping that this batch I have going and the one I want to brew will.

Not quite all grain up and running yet. I found a deal that I think I am going to jump on for a Counter flow chiller and a boil keg. So the next batch is going to be extract again, although maybe a full boil if I get the keg.

Any suggestions on what to make? I am thinking a brown ale, or even a pumpkin ale if you can do that in an extract recipe.

I made the Muntons 'Scottish style heavy ale'. It makes a 17L batch and turns out to be around 5% ABV. Quite a nice brown ale it is indeed.

Wind River's Black Bear Brown Ale kit is fantastic. And he's a vendor on here so you get a discount. Great customer service, their kits are really good. I've done several.

Latest posts

Back