Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had played WWIIOnline for over ten years. It's a great game, but I'm afraid it's about to be washed up by retarded game managers and no intellectual pool. Now I'm make to an old single player war game very similar to Panzer General called Panzer Corp. With a beer of course.

Oh man I bought WWII Online on launch day.... took the day off of work actually. Remember it well. What an abortion of a game it was Day 1. Like 2001 maybe? I forget...... I stopped paying for computer games that day...... all that hype and a game coded by a retarded 8 year old. The ultimate in vaporware.

Glad to hear it got better!

Not sure if there are many MMO players here, but if you are looking for an old school hard core MMO P99 is a great server to play on (a classic Everquest server that is just on Kunark now and won't progress past Velious).

Not sure if there are many MMO players here, but if you are looking for an old school hard core MMO P99 is a great server to play on (a classic Everquest server that is just on Kunark now and won't progress past Velious).

I played Asheron's Call for a disturbing amount of time..... way before mmo's were cool

I started playing Battlefield 4 yesterday on my PC. The last FPS game I played was Goldeneye so I am realizing that I am terrible at this game. So many controls to learn. Badass game though.

This is me, only the last FPS was Army Men 3d or Tomb Raider on ps1 until I got Black Ops. First 2 or 3 chapters were horrible for me. And I still never figured out how to use cover. Then played BF3 over at a friends house and got annihilated due to that fact. Apparently cover actually mattered in BF3.

This is me, only the last FPS was Army Men 3d or Tomb Raider on ps1 until I got Black Ops. First 2 or 3 chapters were horrible for me. And I still never figured out how to use cover. Then played BF3 over at a friends house and got annihilated due to that fact. Apparently cover actually mattered in BF3.

Yeah. I lied, I attempted to play Halo once. Could not stay alive since I was still trained for the amazing easiness I had with headshotting people in Goldeneye/Turok/pretty much any other N64 and prior FPS game. I couldn't understand how I can shoot someone in the head repeatedly, they survive and they still be able to kill me with a 3 round burst while simultaneously calling me gay and telling me how they slept with my mother.

Perhaps a bit behind the times compared to some folks, but I finished The Last of Us last night. Definitely one of the best games I've ever played. Such a great story.

Perhaps a bit behind the times compared to some folks, but I finished The Last of Us last night. Definitely one of the best games I've ever played. Such a great story.

Really liked that game too. Awesome story, beautiful, wrecked world, great game play.

Really liked that game too. Awesome story, beautiful, wrecked world, great game play.

Thirded.

Well, actually firsted a fair ways back, but I can't reiterate enough just how essential The Last of Us is to experience. What an incredible game.

Yeah.. At the end of The Last of Us I was so pissed..

Not because of the game.. But how the characters decisions made me feel..

It was like a knew them and was pissed at a friend..

Really amazing game..

Yeah.. At the end of The Last of Us I was so pissed..

Not because of the game.. But how the characters decisions made me feel..

It was like a knew them and was pissed at a friend..

Really amazing game..

I was surprised but glad ay the ending. He didn't want to lose another daughter (he obviously viewed her like his own daughter) and that can be respected.

Unfortunately for me I chose to watch a youtube play threw by Vintagebeef. By unfortunate I mean that I chose to watch instead of actually playing the game.

I have a problem with putting down $60-70 for a game. If they are of this type then I enjoy watching play thews because of how they are a mini series of there own. Just have to find the right you tuber that you enjoy listening to and watching. I enjoy Vintagebeef, he understands when to be serious and when to be comical.

Enjoying a brew wile watching is a plus.

Unfortunately for me I chose to watch a youtube play threw by Vintagebeef. By unfortunate I mean that I chose to watch instead of actually playing the game.

I have a problem with putting down $60-70 for a game. If they are of this type then I enjoy watching play thews because of how they are a mini series of there own. Just have to find the right you tuber that you enjoy listening to and watching. I enjoy Vintagebeef, he understands when to be serious and when to be comical.

Enjoying a brew wile watching is a plus.

The amount of resources that go into producing a class A title are enormous (sure every now and then you get low budget indie hits but Mojang is not the norm). Those costs are passed onto the consumer whos 'GOTTA HAVE IT NOW'. Developers and producing houses make back their initial investment and profits from the launch month (or holiday) full price sales.

If you don't enjoy paying 60+$ for a title, wait a year and buy it used. Early adopters pay a significant price but even then when you calculate the amount of hours played in a game and factor in price.... you're paying them very little to entertain you for a long ass time. The equivalent time/money ratio applied to lets say going out to the movies would be pennies for a 90 minute film. Who's really price gouging you? It's not the video game industry.

The amount of resources that go into producing a class A title are enormous (sure every now and then you get low budget indie hits but Mojang is not the norm). Those costs are passed onto the consumer whos 'GOTTA HAVE IT NOW'. Developers and producing houses make back their initial investment and profits from the launch month (or holiday) full price sales.

If you don't enjoy paying 60+$ for a title, wait a year and buy it used. Early adopters pay a significant price but even then when you calculate the amount of hours played in a game and factor in price.... you're paying them very little to entertain you for a long ass time. The equivalent time/money ratio applied to lets say going out to the movies would be pennies for a 90 minute film. Who's really price gouging you? It's not the video game industry.

Ive herd it many times... I am not saying they should not charge that much, the can charge what the market will handle. I am just saying I do not wish to pay that much. I do like you say and wait till the price goes down to what Is reasonable for me.
Un bunch your panties.

Oh man I bought WWII Online on launch day.... took the day off of work actually. Remember it well. What an abortion of a game it was Day 1. Like 2001 maybe? I forget...... I stopped paying for computer games that day...... all that hype and a game coded by a retarded 8 year old. The ultimate in vaporware.

Glad to hear it got better!

I was wasn't a day one'er, But I got on board that following Feb 2002, so I was grandfathered in by CRS and given the badge.
I love playing war games, but really up until then, there were mostly all board games. Which are still a part of my life.
But still, I don't know how they have manage to survive after all these years with epically poor managment since 2006 or 2007. I was know as Sockeye.

Ive herd it many times... I am not saying they should not charge that much, the can charge what the market will handle. I am just saying I do not wish to pay that much. I do like you say and wait till the price goes down to what Is reasonable for me.
Un bunch your panties.

I only buy used games these days... unless it's one of my beloved franchises (im looking at you Borderlands!).

Went to gamestop this weekend and bought 5 A++ titles for 100$. Pretty good deal on good games if you can hold out.

My panties are quite comfy

It gets better. What character type you playing? Some are easier than others...

I did a bit of googling and almost universally read that Axton/Commando was the most balanced in terms of progression from the beginning to the end of the game. So far I have been taking advantage of the turret quite a bit. I wish the cooldowns were shorter for it, but it really makes it easier to get through as a single player experience, as the turret sort of acts like a second player that both draws fire and does a lot of shooting on its own.

I will likely go back and try out some other character types, but it takes quite a long time to fully develop through the skill trees (I am still only level 10 right now), so I can see myself changing my mind about replays later on if it becomes too grindy.

You read correctly.... Axton is the easiest to solo with and play at low levels. Once you get rockets on that turret..... well lets just say you'll be smiling. Once you get a blue/purple/gold class mod that drops turret cooldown times it won't seem so bad. Go ahead and finish the game with him... playthrough 1 and 2

I run a anarchy/shock build Mechromancer. With the appropriate weapons and 200 anarchy stacks there is very little that can out damage me.... but I'm fairly frail even outfitted with all gold gear and lv 70. It's a very fun class for hit and run tactics.

My Gunzerker is a walking death machine and much much more survivable than the mech... but no bot and until you get to lv 50 and unlock a certain set of skills he is painful to play. Dual weilding conference call shotguns is amazing in the heat of battle. He's kind of impossible to kill while gunzerking.

The siren is ok but truly shines as a support player in groups. Being able to rez players can become important.

The sniper/ninja/assassin blows. I found nothing fun about his character..... exact opposite from Borderlands 1 where I used him a ton.

Have yet to try the psycho.

I am now stuck in Borderlands 2. I finished the mission where you meet "Firehawk" and then started on the next bit of story missions after that, which involved obtaining a Bandit Technical to sneak into the enemy base. So, I did that, and then this boss Big Maw comes out and is one-shot killing me repeatedly, and he destroys my turret within about one second after I deploy it...so I lure him out into the open, jump into the car that is still parked right outside the gate, and continuously mow him down, pinning him against a wall, until he finally dies.

Then when I go inside and get to the next respawn area, I see that the guys in this area are like 3-4 levels above me and all are dropping weapons that I cannot even equip. I respawned a few times and took out 2-3 each go, but I'm wondering how I can fix this situation. It feels like something went wildly wrong with the game's leveling system because these guys are really kicking my butt.

In the first playthrough the bad guy levels are fixed and do not scale with you as they will in later playthroughs. You need to run around, level up and kill stuff. 4 above you is very hard to kill unless you're kitted out with all gold guns. Just grind a little....

In the first playthrough the bad guy levels are fixed and do not scale with you as they will in later playthroughs. You need to run around, level up and kill stuff. 4 above you is very hard to kill unless you're kitted out with all gold guns. Just grind a little....

^ this. Find a few other missions to do first. I usually do as many of the side missions as i can before I do the main ones

League of Legends. its on the comp and freeeeeeeeee

oh and I think its the most played PC game in the world...

Afraid to get Borderland 2 after my Borderlands 1 game file got corrupted while saved on the final boss fight.
Right now I'm playing Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag. I also recently picked up NHL 13 (last years NHL). First NHL game in YEARS. Six games or so in and I haven't scored a goal yet.
I'll be getting the new Batman for Xmas. :)

If you have a PS3 and Playstation Plus, Borderlands 2 is a free download.

I understand it's frustrating as hell when saves get corrupted, especially near the end of the game. It's happened to me on more than one occasion, and in fact I won't even consider playing a Bethesda game until a couple of years after it's been released just because they have such a long history of game-breaking bugs like that.

Can't you back up your saved games on the ps3…?

I have my xbox games backed up to the cloud, hard drive and flash drive

I'm loving Rocksmith 2014 at the moment. It (and its predecessor) turned me from a totally **** guitarist into a almost mediocre guitarist. After almost 20 years of being the former that is quite an accomplishment!

Can't you back up your saved games on the ps3…?

I have my xbox games backed up to the cloud, hard drive and flash drive

Apparently the answer is "yes" although I've never tried it. I just got a PS3 quite recently, so I haven't really dug into all the features yet. I found some documentation which says you can back up individual game saves, as well as backing up the whole system.

What's everyone playing these days? Ghosts is awful; maps, weapons and streaks all blow. Looking forward to Titanfall, and South Park is only 2 weeks away! (supposedly)

On PS3 I have been playing the PS+ games. So, a few weeks ago I played through Bioshock Infinite, and after that Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. Now I'm working on Metro: Last Light and Remember Me. I've been pretty busy with work, so I'm falling behind just trying to keep up with the PS+ releases.

Back