New Jersey Home Brew Clubs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are any of you in Monmouth county? As I posted before I don't drive so any club would either have to be pretty close to the Middletown/Red Bank area or near a train station.

WHALES usually meets at JJ Bittings which is right by the Woodbridge Train stop.
Ferment the World is much smaller and meets at Harvest Moon which isn't too far from the New Brunswick stop.

hoppyhoppyhippo said:
WHALES usually meets at JJ Bittings which is right by the Woodbridge Train stop.
Ferment the World is much smaller and meets at Harvest Moon which isn't too far from the New Brunswick stop.

Awesome, I'm gonna have to contact them. Thanks bro.

Are any of you in Monmouth county? As I posted before I don't drive so any club would either have to be pretty close to the Middletown/Red Bank area or near a train station.

Just out of curiosity, did you find any clubs? I'm in the Southern Monmouth/Northern Ocean County area.

jetsfan4ever80 said:
Just out of curiosity, did you find any clubs? I'm in the Southern Monmouth/Northern Ocean County area.

No, not in Monmouth. What town are you in?

Last time I was in BA (last week) I talked Jeremy, about it (NJCRABZ), and he said they were looking for someone to run it. I had talked to Jill in the past and she said the guy who used to run it (I can't remember who she said) got a job working as a brewer for Carton Brewing. Sounds like a fair amount of work to me, and with my fourth child only months away from making an appearance, and my growing Biz, I don't think I have the time. If someone else would take the reins, I would join though:D

Last time I was in BA (last week) I talked Jeremy, about it (NJCRABZ), and he said they were looking for someone to run it. I had talked to Jill in the past and she said the guy who used to run it (I can't remember who she said) got a job working as a brewer for Carton Brewing. Sounds like a fair amount of work to me, and with my fourth child only months away from making an appearance, and my growing Biz, I don't think I have the time. If someone else would take the reins, I would join though:D

Jeremy was the one who got the job at Carton. Do they have another Jeremy there or was that Jason? Anyway I'm all for starting it up again. I just got laid off from my other job and my liquor store job is pretty flexible. So I'll go talk to Joellen and see what I can do.

Jeremy was the one who got the job at Carton. Do they have another Jeremy there or was that Jason? Anyway I'm all for starting it up again. I just got laid off from my other job and my liquor store job is pretty flexible. So I'll go talk to Joellen and see what I can do.

Yeah you got it, I'm thinking one thing and typing another...as usual.:D

Lushlife, I'm from the Red Bank area. Did you find a club nearby? I started brewing not too long ago and would be interested in going to a meeting.

Unfortunately I haven't heard anything since my post. If I hear of anything, I'll be sure to let you know.

I haven't been into Brewer Apprentice in a while, but the last time I did I talked to Jill and she said that they lost the guy that ran it to Carton Brewing , and asked me if I was interested. Honestly I don't have the time, but if someone wants to talk to her and take it on. I'm game to join:D

I haven't been into Brewer Apprentice in a while, but the last time I did I talked to Jill and she said that they lost the guy that ran it to Carton Brewing , and asked me if I was interested. Honestly I don't have the time, but if someone wants to talk to her and take it on. I'm game to join:D

It's tempting... I've never been involved in a club, so I have absolutely no idea how to run one. Would sharing recipes/techniques, trading eachother's beers, collective brewing adventures and maybe the occasional field trips to local beer events, sum up club activities? I do have the time... I'll look into it. Let me know if anyone else (Monmouth County Area) would be interested.

Check out the Back Yard Obsessive Brewers (BYOB) club based at Cricket Hill Brewery in Fairfield, NJ. We celebrate all of the Fermentational Arts, beer, wine, mead and cider. We are 2-1/2 years old with 250 members. We are in central north Jersey with members from PA to NY and central NJ. We are a very active "Teaching Club", meaning we learn while having fun. We participate in the AHA events and are an AHA recognized club. All are welcome, it is free. Bring a friend and a homebrew to our meeting, first Tuesday of the month at Cricket Hill Brewery (about 6:30 ish)
Cheers to Beers! Jim C. HNGIC

So, I stopped in yesterday showing interest in picking the club back up. One guy was slightly interested, but they seemed very stand-offish. As in not wanting someone outside their clique running their club. The whole atmosphere in that place is just weird. I'll check it out one more time and then see about just joining the one up in Matawan.

Our meetings are not to far from you depending on where you live in colts neck. I would say around 40 minutes. If your interested our next meeting is Nov. 12th. Pm me if your interested we are moving to a new place to meet not far from the tipperary pub we just cant announce it to the public just yet.

Back