First Time Cider!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keheal

Reaction score
I finished brewing a white zin a few weeks ago and have decided to brew a hard cider next. I've never done a cider so this forum has been helpful (and sometimes humurous). If anyone has any tips for a first time cider brewer please feel free to post them!

I'm still deciding on a recipe, EdWort's Apfelwein is leading the race though. I would like to carb it as well, something else that I've never tried. This makes me nervous as I have two kids under two years old and don't want any "bottle bombs". No advice is too basic!

Thanks in advance, this forum was a huge help when I first got into brewing about a year ago with wine. I look forward to reading more posts/threads and updating this one!

I would go ahead and try Ed's recipe, its not too complicated, and gives you a product that is pretty much universally liked.
I wouldnt worry too much about your kids and bottle bombs. as long as your brew is kept away from your kids (as it should be) you wont be having any injuries. bottle bomb is just a term, its not gonna take the corner of your house off. just store them in a cabnet/closet inside of a cardboard box and thell be safe.
I just started brewing lately, and i learned alot here. first off make sure what ever you use in your recipe does not have sorbate or anything with sorbate in the name, it will kill the yeast. also, sanitation is very important, unless you dont care that an entire batch has been ruined.

Back