Kegconnection's Black Friday / Cyber Monday Blowout!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went back through the thread and confirmed that the differences were mentioned on the first page (at least on the mobile version of the site), right around where you asked about the flat rate shipping. I know it doesn't make your frustrations go away, but it was discussed.

The lid O-ring was discussed, and i'm not at all concerned about that.

The diptube and diptube oring are like nothing I've ever seen. The oring is about 3/4 inch long and sits down in a collar on the post threads. The dip tube itself is significantly larger in diameter.

The gas inlet tube is made of plastic rather than stainless, smells like soda, and it's cracked. Not sure where I'm going to find a replacement for that. There's also a nylon insert/collar inside the gas post that's cracked and needs replaced. A good example is, the link that dward just posted for racetrack o-rings, none of those will fit my keg. I'll take some pictures later today.

The post stated, "The Racetrack style lid is more oval but DOES use standard O-Rings and this keg will come with an EXTRA O-Ring pack like any other keg we sell on Kegconnection" The problem being, none of those o-rings fit. It's just misleading that's all.

I know kegconnection is good vendor, and I know this wasn't done on purpose. I'm assuming they just didn't look at the keg I received closely enough. I noticed on their site they have a nylon/plastic piece that would fit. If i can get one of those and a stainless gas tube, I'll probably be alright.

Got my kegs today, hats off to the extremely quick shipping! Can you tell me about this type of pressure relief valve on the coke conversions. I have not seen these before. I guess it is set to release at a certain pressure but cannot be manually activated to relieve pressure. Maybe? Anyways, thanks for the deal and great service (and for the sticker).

20121128_173630.jpg

Got my kegs today, hats off to the extremely quick shipping! Can you tell me about this type of pressure relief valve on the coke conversions. I have not seen these before. I guess it is set to release at a certain pressure but cannot be manually activated to relieve pressure. Maybe? Anyways, thanks for the deal and great service (and for the sticker).

Sacrificial pressure release valve there. When it gets too high, the release in the lid triggers to save the keg. Problem is, it's a one shot wonder/deal. Most of the time, keg lids from ball locks will fit on those too. So you can change it over. Or you can try removing the relief valve in the lid. IF it has a nut underneath, you should be able to remove it. If it's welded in, you're boned.

Sacrificial pressure release valve there. When it gets too high, the release in the lid triggers to save the keg. Problem is, it's a one shot wonder/deal. Most of the time, keg lids from ball locks will fit on those too. So you can change it over. Or you can try removing the relief valve in the lid. IF it has a nut underneath, you should be able to remove it. If it's welded in, you're boned.

Thanks for the information. I have an extra lid I'll try on one of the 2 I got, and will look into replacing the other as well.

All my stuff came in on Thursday. The keg was under pressure so that's good but I haven't pulled anything apart on it to look at all the unusual pieces yet.
I got one of the racetrack lid kegs in the sale the week earlier too and I haven't even opened that box.
If anyone finds a source for the plastic pieces and the odd gaskets that's reasonable I hope they post so that I can pick up spare parts.
I would like to have stuff to rebuild these kegs at least a couple times.
The rest of the stuff all looked good though.
Maybe I will get my new 15 pound CO2 tank filled this weekend.

All the equipment I ordered arrived Wednesday. With all the positive feedback I didn't have any worries but I figured I would add mine. The deals were great, the shipping was fast and the products appear to be solid. This was my first, of surely many Kegconnection purchases. Unfortunately I bottled a batch three days before this arrived. Oh well, more reason to brew again this week. Thanks again.:tank:

All my stuff came in on Thursday. The keg was under pressure so that's good but I haven't pulled anything apart on it to look at all the unusual pieces yet.
I got one of the racetrack lid kegs in the sale the week earlier too and I haven't even opened that box.
If anyone finds a source for the plastic pieces and the odd gaskets that's reasonable I hope they post so that I can pick up spare parts.
I would like to have stuff to rebuild these kegs at least a couple times.
The rest of the stuff all looked good though.
Maybe I will get my new 15 pound CO2 tank filled this weekend.

Haven't had a chance to measure the spacers, but I think this is what your looking for.

http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=376_1_3_260&products_id=775

They also have the proper Orings.

I'll add my love for kegconnection. Ordered on Sunday, arrived on Thursday! Between kegconnection's already excellent prices, the sale, and the free shipping, I saved 30-40% off what I previously thought I'd have to shell out for a nitro setup.
:mug:

Hmm ordered on Friday and no sign of our equipment yet! Getting jealous of all you guys who got your order!

Just got my black friday sale from them. I bought the 2 keg setup with Tap rite reg, 5 ilb bottle, 2 Perlick 525SS and two corny kegs. Couldnt be more happy Atm. The two kegs both came with pressure. New everything including lids and extra gaskets for $55 each. One of the kegs has some black gunk on the bottom that ill have to get out. They both were cleaned though. They even greased all the o rings which was a nice touch.

The reg ,lines and manifold assembly is top shelf. They didn't skimp on it at all. Its not some please meal together pipe fittings. Its a well made assembled unit. I was looking at Ebay and am glad i went with Kegconnection.

FedEx says my order should arrive tomorrow! I am SUPER excited :) (especially since I ordered around 4am Monday night/Tuesday morning)

Is there any marking on the boxes stating it's coming from Keg Connection? I'm a little concerned I will have to be stealthy about hiding this purchase since it's a Christmas gift...lol :D

FedEx says my order should arrive tomorrow! I am SUPER excited :) (especially since I ordered around 4am Monday night/Tuesday morning)

Is there any marking on the boxes stating it's coming from Keg Connection? I'm a little concerned I will have to be stealthy about hiding this purchase since it's a Christmas gift...lol :D

Yes, it says Keg Connection on the Fedex label, and there is a nice Keg Connection sticker in the clear envelope that is visible. Good luck.

yep http://www.chicompany.net/ has the post inserts and correct gaskets. Found that out last night when I received my racetrack keg & needed to source the proper parts.

Thanks!!
I will order spare parts.
Are these the small racetrack lids that we bought?
I thought when I clicked the link for the parts it would give me size info to figure it out.
Since it doesn't list anything but small I thought it must be the right one.

I got my stuff on Friday, I had ordered 5 minutes after the deadline (which they extended). I love these guys. I got my 2 kegs and what I love about every keg I've gotten from them is the lovely 'pssstt..' when I pull the air release and wonderful line cleaner smell. I could have bought kegs from my LHBS but they guys always soaks, cleans, and tests their kegs so well I'd rather spend the extra few bucks. Not to mention the spare o-rings included, that is HUGE. When my brew buddies ask where to buy from, I always tell them Keg Connection. You MIGHT pay a few extra bucks but you'll be happy in the end and isn't that the point?

Nice work guys.

Mine arrived as well. I ordered the 2 keg setup and upgraded to525ss perlicks.

Pretty much everything came assembled in the box. Great deal, and great service

Back