20 gallon all electric brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbraun77s

Reaction score
album.php

The finished control panel...awesome.
Will post pictures during brew session to see the lights and temperature readings...very cool.

Here is a first glimpse of the system...I will include more detailed photos later (heating elements, automated sparge control, etc.

Photo on 2011-03-20 at 17.09.jpg

Before I post any further pics and info. I have to give credit to 3 sources:

1) The Electric Brewery- the detailed work that I think everyone on this forum knows about is essential for any electric brewer. I can not fathom the amount of time he took to provide the resources on his site.

2) Stout Tanks- The 20.8 gallon tanks that I pridefully brew with were bought from conical-fermenter.com. His prices are great and the products are VERY well built. I still remember the day they arrived and how amazed I was with the "heavy duty" feel they have. They make the brewery feel "semi-micro" to me. I highly recommend these tanks to any brewer stepping up their system.

3) The majority of my thanks has to go to a fellow local homebrewer. His passion for brewing and the quest for great beers inspired me to follow in his steps. He also is responsible for the construction of ALL aspects of this brewery. He did damn fine work if you ask me. Thanks, again BN.

More pics to come...

Awesome set up. I hope one day I will have something like that. I have been looking at their site. Im not ready for it now but when I am, im definitely buying their brewery book.

I really dig the stand. Very similar to the MoreBeer Sculptures. You can't go wrong with that type of configuration.

The stand was modeled after the MoreBeer sculpture. It includes the "tippy" dump that makes cleaning out the 30-40 pounds of grain out of the mash tun a lot easier.

Nice work!

1) The Electric Brewery- the detailed work that I think everyone on this forum knows about is essential for any electric brewer. I can not fathom the amount of time he took to provide the resources on his site.
Thanks for the compliments! It was a stupid amount of work... If someone had told me how many hours it was going to take, I don't think I would have started. I figured it was going to be fairly straightforward to explain, but the more I explained the more I had "I need to back up a bit more and explain that too..." type moments so it just got bigger and bigger and bigger... Before I knew it, there were 350 pages.

Enjoy your brewery. You've done a really nice job! Love the pics!

Kal

Nice build cbraun77s
I assume you have the HLT below the MLT similar to MoreBeer design.
Just wondering if the residual heat when heating the HLT is sufficient to maintain MLT
temperatures? This is an attractive feature along with a smaller footprint and the ability to gravity drain to the boil kettle.

Cheers;
BeerCanuck

The HLT is below. I have no issues with maintaining temperatures. However, getting to mash out temperature can be slow if the pump is not properly primed. Once that is mastered there are no temperature issues.

I will be posting more updated and specific pics this weekend. I have been crazy busy with a score on a bulk lot of kegs.

Latest posts

Back