brewing stories?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nvr2low

Reaction score
any fun/interesting homebrew stories? tell us about something interesting/funny that happend while brewing/enjoying your home brews.

I was bottling while drinking and read "1/3 cup priming sugar" as "3 cups priming sugar". I did not realize the mistake until the detonations started. Luckily, it was a lager, so they blew up in the lager fridge.

I must have had a minor crack in a carboy. I then put too hot wort into it. When I picked it up, the entire bottom came off in one piece. WHOOSH!

:eek:

I screwed the bottling spigot onto my bottling bucket not realizing the rubber gasket fell off. I got about 1.5 gallons racked from my carboy to the bucket when I figured out what the hell was going on. Beer all over the floor. My dog loved it, but to this day, I rue bottling.

I screwed the bottling spigot onto my bottling bucket not realizing the rubber gasket fell off. I got about 1.5 gallons racked from my carboy to the bucket when I figured out what the hell was going on. Beer all over the floor. My dog loved it, but to this day, I rue bottling.

i hope your dog was feeling ok the next day!

She was fine. A couple of years ago, she drank what must have been twenty gallons of spilled PBR off the floor at an NYE party. Boy were we hung over!:drunk:

I was transferring to the bottling bucket, and got a phone call. Moe the bulldog
was drinking out of the bottling bucket.
Dog kissed brown ale. One of the best batches I've made.

I had poured my very first homebrew, and was sitting on the sofa enjoying it. When I wasn't paying attention my beagle, Bob Barker, knocked it off the coffee table and all over himself. Stupid hound.

im not sure whats better, a hound covered in beer or a hound named bob barker! hahaha

I was drinking a heineken a few years ago, waiting for company to arrive. The dogs get really excited when we have company, heard a car door close, hopped up on the couch just as I was taking a sip, and I got a bloody lip from him hitting the bottle into my face.

I had started to heat up the water in my HLT keggle and went into the house to get things ready for mashing when I remembered that the section of hose that I use for draining the HLT was coiled up under the bottom rim of the keg. It had only been about 2 minutes since I put the heat to the keggle but I was too late. The garage had already started to fill with smoke from the burning plastic and the hose was starting to drip down from the rim. I was able to get pretty much all the hose out, but the smoke was there for a few minutes. No more storing hoses under or in my keggles. I hadn't even had a chance to open my first brew...........

My 1st batch ever I was freaking out, trying to do everything correctly. I filled the carboy (primary) up with a gallon of one-step beforehand so that it'd be ready. When it came time to dump the wort into the carboy, I had forgotten to dump out the one-step. So I ended up with 5 gallons of wort and one gallon of one-step. Had to toss the whole batch. Not a good start to my career. Needless to say, ever since then, I make sure the carboy is sanitized, sealed, and ready for pitching way ahead of time.

Well, let's see - hooking up one of the keezer beer and gas lines before realizing that the faucet was not re-installed after a cleaning. Can you say, "Beer fountain?"

Back