Chillhog Super 20 High Efficiency Plate Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xtian

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about the chillhog supper 20 high efficiency plate chiller from Rebel Brewer. The site makes it sound like it might be better than the 4000 but the 4000 has 0.48 square meters of surface vs the 20 which has 0.46, about 5% less surface, also the description says the 4000 is for slightly larger volumes but like I said the site description makes it sound like the 20 is more efficient than a 40 plate because the plates are longer on the 20. I called Rebel Brewer and tried to get some advice, but the person I spoke to seemed to know very little about either chiller which is kind of disappointing because when I bought from them in the past they seemed to be pretty helpful. http://www.rebelbrewer.com/shopping...g-Super-20-High-Efficiency-Plate-Chiller.html

If you check out the Dudadiesel page here - and particularly the pdf table link here you can glean some comparative performance figures for short/thick and long/thin plate chiller configurations. Bottom line, for the same total surface area, longer works better.

Fwiw, it also appears you can save a few bucks buying the equivalent chiller from Dudadiesel vs Rebel Brewer...

Cheers!

Thanks, that 30 plate long chiller looks pretty sweet. Cost with the backflush systems seems pretty comparable. Is the backflush hookup useful?

Back