First batch is bottled. What should I start on tomorrow?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMitten

Reaction score
Hey ladies and gents,

I have a delicious dark amber beer, similar to Alaskan Amber in bottles. I'm heading to the brew store tomorrow so I can start another batch tomorrow night.

What's a good beer that won't take as long as the last batch (1.5 months) that I could brew in case the amber doesn't turn out. Something lighter in color.

Thanks a ton!

What do you like to drink? Can you post your alaskan amber recipe? I really like alaskan amber to I am going to brew something similar. But right now I'm brewing a Scottish export kit from mid west. Maybe try that. Not sure how long it will take you I let all my beers ferment for a month and bottle condition for 3 weeks at least.

Don't brew for speed or what others want. Brew something you want even if it takes you an extra month. No point having 50 beers for your buddies when you wanna kick back with a few and you don't like the style and they're whipped for the evening.

My 3rd batch was an American Wheat Northern Brewer kit. I did one week in primary and tried it after a week in bottles, it was yummy then and got really good after a couple more weeks. It maybe my go-to brew when I want a fast turnaround.

Wheat is usually quickest from boil to drink. Other styles as noted can be quick too, but wheats are also best young.

I brewed an extract clone of North Coast's Blue Star wheat beer. It was a really good brew, and it matured quickly. Unfortunately, I don't brew extract normally, and I think I tossed the recipe.

That said, a good wheat beer will be ready quickly, and should fit the style you're after.

It'd be great if someone had a clone recipe for Franziskaner Weissbier. Good German wheat with non of that banana/clove ester.

All,

Thanks for the input. I was originally thinking a Hefeweizen and that's what I'm gonna do. As far as the Alaskan Recipe, here's what I got!

1 pound 45*L Crystal Malt- crushed
1 ounce Chocolate Malt-crushed.

Steep in 1.5 gallons of water over 20-30 minutes until boiling. Sparge with hot water.

Then remove from heat and add:
7 pounds Extra Light Malt Syrup
1 Pound Light or Dry Malt
13/4 ounces Cascade Hop Pellets

Add water until its 3 gallon and boil for 45.

Add 1 teaspoon Irish moss flakes and boil for 12 minutes

Then add 1 ounce Saaz Hope Pellets and boil for 3.

Then cool the wort and once it reaches 75* pitch yeast (I threw out the package so I cant tell you what it was)

Back