Bullfrog Brewery/Brewpub - Williamsport, PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoaringBrewer

Reaction score
Anyone ever tried this place out? From the look of the website, it looks pretty darned cool to me. Looks like they make some pretty cool beers and the atmosphere is *exactly* my kind of place. Also, if their pretty well designed website (IMO) is any indication as to the quality of food and beer, it will be great:

http://www.bullfrogbrewery.com/

Just curious as to if anyone had any reviews on the place? It's only maybe 45-55 mins from my house, so the SWMBO has reserved us a room (King Suite w/ Jacuzzi babby...) in Williamsport, just down the street, for May 26th evening. Walking distance too, oh yeah! That would be the evening of my 25th birthday. We are going to check out the brewpub for a late dinner (8PMish) and a band that will be playing there that evening after 10PM.

If noone posts any reviews, I suppose I'll be the first after my little visit. :ban:

ryser - sweet, definitely going now that we got a room reserved. I forget what band is there that evening, but i believe it is jazz/jam/experimental/weirdstuff type band. Should be cool either way. Looks like they have a lot of good beers and the menu looks solid too. Atmosphere looks A+ though from the pics...

Did you go? I went to undergrad in Williamsport and loved the Bullfrog. Sadly, I went more when I was under 21/broke so I rarely had the chance to try their beer.

Wednesday nights full rack of ribs, boardwalk fries and a pitcher of beer for 10.00. That was back in 1998. Lol. Went to Penn College and went to the Bullfrog every Wednesday night. Awesome place.

My wife went to Lycoming College which is in Williamsport so I've been there many times. It's well worth the visit! The food is excellent, prices very reasonable, service was always good, and they really do make great beer. They're kegs are making it down to Philly now so you don't have to go to their brew pub to drink their beer. They also brew a lot of sours and more experimental brews, so I have tons of respect for them!

I also went to Lyco! There is also a new brew pub in Williamsport - Riepstine's Pub. It's in the Newberry section. The beers are great, with 12 usually on tap. They have a fairly active facebook page.

The BrickYard is another good place. They don't brew their own but carry several micros.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back