conical dry hopping?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isac777

Reaction score
Do I need worry that my hop bag will not sink? I even added stainless fittings to the sac but figure i need alot of weight to get them to sink. The lupulin will still be drawn out of the hops even if sitting on top right? Or I was thinking about adding some real stainless weights to the bag to get it to sink but was wondering if it was worth the trouble?

I would not bother. If they are pellet hops they will disolve over time. I have done it this way before and had no problmes.

thanks for the reply. you wouldn't bother adding weights or dry hopping? I assume you mean adding lots of weights. Making a Mannys pale ale clone for preggo neighbor....something about hops helping to "bring in milk!" I dunno i just like hoppy beer!! well and giant juicy jiggly kickballs:rockin: btw:they are whole leaf ,

Whole hops usually float on top. They soak up the beer like a sponge and distribute their lovely oils. RDWHAHB.

Back