Happy Oberon Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaBearSox

Reaction score
Well I am a day late but yesterday was the release of Bell's Oberon...when I used to goto school in Kzoo it was a big day there...too bad I can't get any out here, I love that stuff...

I always drink it a lot when it first comes out, but get sick of it a month into summer or so. I think a large part of my love for Oberon is that it's the first sign of summer. We had 14 cases of it at my beach wedding last summer!

Ah, I used to not like Oberon, but last couple of times I've had it it tasted pretty good. I thought they brewed it all year long...

Also, rumour has it that Bells will be at the beer tasting in Big Rapids tomorrow night...

Ah, I used to not like Oberon, but last couple of times I've had it it tasted pretty good. I thought they brewed it all year long...

Also, rumour has it that Bells will be at the beer tasting in Big Rapids tomorrow night...

It does depend on when you get your bottles...They actually still had some at a local liquor store in IL when I went home for Christmas...Wheat beers are typically better when they are younger and this was true with the Oberon. I do think they sell it year round in some warmer states...

Also in the past few years I believe they have changed the hops they used...i think hersbruck was changed to hallertauer and the Saaz was changed to Sterling...

You may like this combination better than the original...

Back