bulk grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taintedplay

Reaction score
grain is about 15 bucks cheaper online in bulk but shipping kills that savings. is there any website good for buying bulk? so far all the ones have bulk grains excluded from thier flat rate

Our monastery buys from Brewcraft in Portland Oregon. If you buy a certain amount you get wholesale prices. There website is weird, you have to call. Maybe you have to set up an account, not sure

There was a post some time ago about Amarillo hops and not being around or something like that, so I mentioned that brewcraft has never really ran out of stuff but I killed the thread I think. Anyway, they have a huge warehouse. They might sell to pro's too because they advertise 2000lb bags of grain.

Look for a group grain buy in your area.

Prices obviously will vary but to give you an idea the Denver group grain buy was able to get 50 lb sacks for ~$37.50 with shipping included in that price.

Yeah shipping kills the great online deals on grain sacks.

I get mine from either group buys or from my LHBS. $50 / sack of breiss 2 row isn't bad for a LHBS. IT's a lot more than I pay on group buys, but it also helps ensure I have a LHBS to go to :).

I did a group buy with others from this site in my area. Well worth it. Keep an eye on the group buy section and look for one in your area.

Good to know! Hopefully I will brew enough some day to need to buy in bulk.

Buying local and establishing relations will be your best bet.

I love shopping online. It's fun to look at everything a site has. You can browse for hours and find everything you want. Both AHB and NB are on my Google Chrome top 8 sites visited. But nothing beats supporting your LHBS. I love little local stores for anything. If they don't have it, they will gladly order it for you. We need to keep these small local shops in business.

I love shopping online. It's fun to look at everything a site has. You can browse for hours and find everything you want. Both AHB and NB are on my Google Chrome top 8 sites visited. But nothing beats supporting your LHBS. I love little local stores for anything. If they don't have it, they will gladly order it for you. We need to keep these small local shops in business.

After 20 or so years of doing business with my local , I have a great relationship and get the best price anywhere. It's only because I have spent tons of money here and established trust and a friendship and knowing I will be back.:mug:

Back