Attention CT Brewers! Great water source

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeRLynch

Reaction score
Alright, love them or hate them, Burnside Brewing Co is litterally down the street from my parents house, and as I'm going to brew for my parents this weekend, I thought I'd share this find.

Burnside brews only scottish and english ales (some good, some not so good), but what some may not know is that they were an ice house for over a hundred years before the family got into brewing. They have their own aquifer that fills a small pond in the back (where they get the ice blocks from in the winter) and they soon realized that the water from that aquifer is the same profile of the water at Burton-on-Trent. Thus the scottish and english ale styles.

What almost no-one but local East Hartford people know is that there are three taps on the outside of the building that, for about .25 a gallon, you can get that same water for yourself.

In fact, the only reason Burnside got into brewing was because they noticed a ton of people filling up 5 gallon carboys and kegs with the water every weekend. When they asked the homebrewers what they needed all the water for, they responded "Don't you know? This water makes a killer 80/-."

Thus, a 60/-, and an ESB are planned for this weekend with that water. If you're local, go check it out! (If you're not local, bring a dozen kegs and load up!)

776 Tolland St., East Hartford, CT 06108
http://www.oldeburnsidebrewing.com/

Back