Chandler, Gilbert, Tempe, South Mesa Brewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No border problems with rolled malted barley for 25 gallons of beer (4 batches: one being a ten gallon batch) I am in Gold Canyon. Any tips on water treatment? I was planning on 1/2 RO water and 1/2 from the tap. Want to start soon! Thanks

Not sure about Gold Canyon area specifically, but water in Chandler and much of the Phoenix area is totally unsuitable for brewing. Most of the better homebrewers here start with 100% RO and build their water to their liking.

If you do end up using tap water be sure to filter out the chloramine or chlorine first.

Not sure about Gold Canyon area specifically, but water in Chandler and much of the Phoenix area is totally unsuitable for brewing. Most of the better homebrewers here start with 100% RO and build their water to their liking.

If you do end up using tap water be sure to filter out the chloramine or chlorine first.

^^^THIS, So much of this... I moved from Utah, stable water sourced from a well. My beer after moving was very Bleh and inconsistent.. Starting treating using RO from WINCO... Problem solved.

Bru'N water is my tool of choice and is dead nuts on my Pocket Pro+... so much so, its more of a sanity check then anything when I measure.

I'll be brewing this coming Friday if anyone is interested. I'll be doing a double batch day starting at roughly 2:30pm. My cross roads are Dobson and Warner. If you'd like to attend hit me up via PM and I MAY give you my address. :D

Hey. Just came across this thread while brewing tonight. I am located @ Riggs and Gilbert and see a few of you in the area. Didn't know there were any other brewers on the SE side. I tend to mainly brew cider, but dabble with mead, ceyser, and fruit wine. Have brewed extract beer as well, but mainly I do cider and my buddy does the beer. Nice to meet you all.

Vox. If you're on Facebook there is a group " East valley homebrewers " check them out. I'm on greenfield and ocotillo. Been doing homebrew for many years, but not a mead. Would like to see the process next time you make one.

Arrived in Mesa from London, Engerrrland on Saturday. Keen to brew so if anyone has any brew days planned over the next five months and needs a helper / drinking buddy; hit me up!

P.s. Have a very, very limited supply f some rare and damn fine British craft beer.

welcome to arizona! i just brewed a black ipa, and probably won't brew again until i get settled into my new house. we close escrow on the 15th of May, so maybe towards the end of the month i will have to break in the new place proper! i'll invite one of my buddies from London so you won't be homesick... LOL!

I should be ready to get a batch going in the next few weeks as well. In Chandler and will post to let you guys know

Thanks guys! Please do post up on here when you have anything planned. Even if I'm just there to shift grain and help clean up, I really want to get out and meet some locals!

Can anyone recommend breweries / bottle shops / bars to visit in the area? I went to Arizona Wilderness the other day which was *epic* - I'll definitely be heading back there soon! Blasted Barley in Tempe was also great. I've been to Sun Devil Liquor, again excellent, and found places like the bottle shop on Baseline / S Power Road, AJ's Fine Foods, BJ's and even just places like Fry's on Baseline which have a reasonable selection.

I've drank stuff from San Tan, Papago and Four Peaks and been recommended Desert Eagle, Sleepy Dog, The Brass Tap and Rock Bottom.

What am I missing people?! Four months till I head home and I'm wanting to experience everything Phoenix has to offer!

you MUST visit both the Perch and Beer Research Institute (BRI). also, check out the "AZ locals only beer page" on facebook. keeps you up to date with many goings-on at local brewhouses and serveries.
oh, and Fate brewing is opening the second establishment in southern Scottsdale very soon. Fate is IMHO, one of the top 3 in Phx area.

Thanks te-wa! Much obliged! I'd come across BRI before but all the others are new to me and now on the to do list!

also, if you wanna get a taste of some great AZ brews go up to Craft 64 in southern scottsdale. they have 35 local beers on tap.
shop for goods at City Wine and Spirits in east mesa. and be sure to go out to the Real, Wild and Woody beer fest next month!
cheers!

also, if you wanna get a taste of some great AZ brews go up to Craft 64 in southern scottsdale. they have 35 local beers on tap.
shop for goods at City Wine and Spirits in east mesa. and be sure to go out to the Real, Wild and Woody beer fest next month!
cheers!

Hey fellas thanks for the cool recomendations in advance! te-wa could you expand on this "Real, Wild and Woody beer fest" sounds pretty baller.

so, the "real" are beers that are either in cask, or firkin. the "wild" are beers changed through exposure to bacteria or wild yeast. the "woody" is aged in barrels. it was the best beer festival Phoenix has ever seen, IMHO. a little crowded, get there early.

http://www.craftbeeraz.com/rww/

Anyone fancy brewing / having a beer over the next few days? I have quite a bit of time off so happy to provide manual labour for anything you lovely people have planned!

I am new in Gilbert from San Diego and am Looking for others to Brew, chill and drink with. PM Me...

I'm also in Chandler (Chandler mall area). I'm just finishing up an eBIAB system which means I'm not mobile for brew days so I'm not sure how that's going to work out. I'd be willing to host a session when we get back into suitable weather.

Back