Second AG brew a success...I think.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willsellout

Reaction score
So the fermentation on my Dumb blonde recipe was incredibly fast using dry nottingham. It started fermenting 6 hours after pitching and after about three days it's slowed quite a bit and the gravity has dropped from 1.040 to 1.013. I expect it to drop a couple more points. Taste was good..a bit bitter and alcoholic but it's green and has a long time ways to go. But you can tell that it will be a good beer..it has the underlying flavor of a good beer. I am going to soak some vanilla beans in bourbon and toss them in the secondary for a couple weeks to add a little flair. although my efficiency sucked on this one (55%) I think the brew will turn out a nice lawnmower beer.

Yeah numbers aren't everything. I have a Stout that goes from 45 to 20 and it is really full and well balanced with a big mouthfeel (Oats). The first time I made it I thought oh man, that is not low enough FG, but as it turns out it works great.

Back