new brew setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbugawkagawk

Reaction score
i have been brewing for about a year now and have decided to bring it to the next level, i currently have a simple infusion mash set up, with the cooler and turkey fryer. I am looking into a rims or herms setup. I have the electronical experience but lack the ss welding skills, and i know that is pretty key with any setup of this nature. Any benifits to either one, i have seen some pretty sweet rigs on the site. Looking for suggestions.

If you have the electronics experience I would say an electric herms. This would allow you to make a wooden brewstand or at least would be more forgiving of whatever material you choose.

that is a good point and i have thought about it as well, electricity is much cheaper. But for now it would have to be gas becuase i dont have a permenent place where i can hook up the correct electrical outlet for the heating element so for now it would be gas.

Back