Who has the most TVs in their house?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3, but we have another that gets moved to the camper in the summer. Plus our two computers which have online video quite often. Our old TV in the living room is not used much now that we have HD on a 46" LCD. Nobody likes the image on that. The same one in our bedroom is still nice though. It makes a difference if you are lying in bed and watching. (or have the sat. dish playing Sirius Love Songs *cue adult movie music)

2 - one in the bedroom and one in the living room, two more than we need.

I could live without. My wife would go insane.

I have 6.

One in each bedroom, one in the living room and one in the garage/rec room. I WIN. What do I get?

Three. One isn't hooked up and is collecting dust. One is a 42" aquos for the basement, one is a 23" vizio for the bedroom.

You know what was the most crazy teevee load I ever seen...a couple years ago we went out to a lake in Maryland where one of the friends' parents had a lakehouse. Next door, they were finishing up this very posh house. One morning, my wife went poking around, because none of the contractors were there. The idiots had left the basement patio door unlocked...so, curious, we looked around inside. There were some finishing touches left, but the striking thing was that they had big-ass Aquos's for nearly every room in this mansion of a house. There must have been 2 dozen of these things that, at the time, ran at least 2-3 grand apiece. Even all the sh*tters had 'em. And they were all still in boxes. And nobody was around. If only we weren't ethical people...:D But srsly, who the hell needs all those damn tv's? Only thing we could think was that they were building it to sell or timeshare, and that was a "wow" factor.

4 working and one in the basement at the house (2 apartments into 1 house). I also have like a 8" somewhere I used to use in the kitchen in the apartment.

4 working at the condo but it is a seasonal rental so the TVs are cheap and in the bedrooms small but this is a summer shore rental so people are happy with just have a TV with cable.

Three. One isn't hooked up and is collecting dust. One is a 42" aquos for the basement, one is a 23" vizio for the bedroom.

You know what was the most crazy teevee load I ever seen...a couple years ago we went out to a lake in Maryland where one of the friends' parents had a lakehouse. Next door, they were finishing up this very posh house. One morning, my wife went poking around, because none of the contractors were there. The idiots had left the basement patio door unlocked...so, curious, we looked around inside. There were some finishing touches left, but the striking thing was that they had big-ass Aquos's for nearly every room in this mansion of a house. There must have been 2 dozen of these things that, at the time, ran at least 2-3 grand apiece. Even all the sh*tters had 'em. And they were all still in boxes. And nobody was around. If only we weren't ethical people...:D But srsly, who the hell needs all those damn tv's? Only thing we could think was that they were building it to sell or timeshare, and that was a "wow" factor.

Sometimes we rent pay per view movies that have no breaks or commercials and after a few beers it would be nice to go take a pee and not miss any part of the movie especially if it is good.

Sometimes we rent pay per view movies that have no breaks or commercials and after a few beers it would be nice to go take a pee and not miss any part of the movie especially if it is good.

Our living room, kitchen and dining room are essentially one big room and with a TV in the living room and kitchen cabled to feed off the one box we love being able to get up and go make something to eat in the kitchen and not miss anything. I used to be so lost before that, "What happened? Who is that? What did she say?" By the end of the movie I had no idea what the story even was. Great for sports too!!

I have 1, but I would like to have 0. SWMBO won't let me get rid of it...something about Grey's Anatomy and American Idol. :mad:

8 Tv's

2 Outside
1 Kitchen
2 den
1 master bedroom
1 Kids bedroom
1 Computer Room PC with Tuner

Keep pushing! You can do it. We just got rid of our microwave too :D

:off:

Why are so many people down on TV? (besides the volume issue. ;) )

Do you not enjoy movies or theater either? Why do you object to all the educational TV programs available to you now. I know the internet is a great tool for that stuff but not all of it is available there. A lot of the live news available to you is just a replay of what is being shown on TV. Last time I tried to view a clip from the History Channel online I had to watch and M&M candy commercial first so you can't get away from commercials on the internet either.

If the reason is to save money I am with you there but I still prefer getting my entertainment (that type anyway) on TV.

7 (3 are hooked up in house and one in the garage which is the billiards/brew room), but if you include computers with tv tuners we are looking at 12 (5 Laptops we got through school)

Sorry, Mckbrew, I win

In reality I only really want 1 and the pc with a tuner but I live in a house with 8 other people so the numbers add up fast

2 basement
2 in the 2 bedrooms
1 living room
1 garage
1 in the shop

7 total, all hooked up. And DishNetwork.
But I only have 2 kegerators.

Do you not enjoy movies or theater either? Why do you object to all the educational TV programs available to you now. I know the internet is a great tool for that stuff but not all of it is available there. A lot of the live news available to you is just a replay of what is being shown on TV. Last time I tried to view a clip from the History Channel online I had to watch and M&M candy commercial first so you can't get away from commercials on the internet either.

If the reason is to save money I am with you there but I still prefer getting my entertainment (that type anyway) on TV.

continued :off:

I did like the few good channels on cable. But they are not worth over $100 a month. Not even close. The radio and the internet do a better job of providing news that the talking heads on TV do.

I do love movies. I watch them on my wife's computer (MacBook Pro) which is way better than any TV I could affoard. When I come into a ton of money I will post up with one TV and an awesome entertainment center. :D

I just find that when you have a TV you find a reason to watch it instead of living your life. When I get curious about things, I go to the library, or rent a video about the topic.

I'm not down on TV. Well, wait, maybe a little. ;)

Not much on TV interests me outside of sports. I have watched a few shows religiously in the past but not anymore. Even my kids have little interest. They'll watch for a bit and then turn the thing off themselves without us having to intervene.

I don't have much interest in movies (unless they were made prior to 1980, as a general rule). And if I want theatre, hell, I live 90 miles from NYC. I don't see a reason to have a TV in my kitchen or for my kids to have a TV in their rooms. Just my feeling, not meant to denigrate anybody who does. To each his own.

I prefer books, anyway. :)

EDIT: All that said, I do have DirecTV and the gagillion channels that come with it, all for the super low price of $57/month. Good deal. I got it only because I couldn't get the Red Sox on cable in my town. Not bad, eh, 57 bucks a month to watch baseball. Ugh.

I have no problem with TV per se, and I agree that there are a lot of interesting programs on TV, and I do watch once in a while. For me, though, watching TV is a low-priority activity that doesn't hold my interest for very long. I would rather listen to music, exercise, write, read, work on beer stuff, work on work stuff, do household projects, etc. than sit down and watch TV. Because I watch so infrequently, I resent paying $110+ a month for it. But, SWMBO does like TV and so do the kids, so they are the ones who watch it, not me.

67" in the Petite Theater
49" in the Living Room
32" in the Bedroom
19" in the Kitchen
19" in teh Garage
(2) 19" in the boys room

Do the (2) DVD players in teh cars count?

What I REALLY want is one of those 20" built in waterproof sets in the shower behind the one way mirror.

we are actually considering this in our upcoming remodel. anew TV behind the vanity mirror and one in teh shower.

The irony of all this is that for the last 3 years, the only shows we have watched are Yo Gabba Gabba, Wow Wow Wubbzy, Ni Hao Ki Lan, and Blues Clues. and this isn;t likely to change for another 3 years or more.

67" in the Petite Theater
49" in the Living Room
32" in the Bedroom
19" in the Kitchen
19" in teh Garage
(2) 19" in the boys room

Do the (2) DVD players in teh cars count?

What I REALLY want is one of those 20" built in waterproof sets in the shower behind the one way mirror.

we are actually considering this in our upcoming remodel. anew TV behind the vanity mirror and one in teh shower.

The irony of all this is that for the last 3 years, the only shows we have watched are Yo Gabba Gabba, Wow Wow Wubbzy, Ni Hao Ki Lan, and Blues Clues. and this isn;t likely to change for another 3 years or more.

Well atleast you're learning something. :mug:

I just find that when you have a TV you find a reason to watch it instead of living your life.

This is one of the reasons I'm glad we don't have tv (cable). We don't have it for financial reasons (beer and internet are more important to us :D), but if we did, I'm sure I would find myself sitting in front of it, wasting hours of my day.

And I guess I kind of have tv, in that I watch four shows in full episodes online (Family Guy, Fringe, Biggest Loser, South Park) with my laptop.

I think the internet is just as bad (if not worse) for stealing your time with uselessness. THAT's the next thing I need to work on!

continued :off:

I did like the few good channels on cable. But they are not worth over $100 a month. Not even close. The radio and the internet do a better job of providing news that the talking heads on TV do.

I do love movies. I watch them on my wife's computer (MacBook Pro) which is way better than any TV I could affoard. When I come into a ton of money I will post up with one TV and an awesome entertainment center. :D

I just find that when you have a TV you find a reason to watch it instead of living your life. When I get curious about things, I go to the library, or rent a video about the topic.

Somewhat agree there, when my hard drive broke I went without a home computer for about 5 years and really didn't miss it all that much as I am allowed to use my work computer for some limited use. I only actually brought one about a year ago as I was sure I was going to be laid off and it would be an important job search tool but I did not get laid off. We rarely use the computer at home as we are usually too busy living life! :mug:

Somewhat agree there, when my hard drive broke I went without a home computer for about 5 years and really didn't miss it all that much as I am allowed to use my work computer for some limited use. I only actually brought one about a year ago as I was sure I was going to be laid off and it would be an important job search tool but I did not get laid off. We rarely use the computer at home as we are usually too busy living life! :mug:

Wait? You can get news on the TV?

All this time I have been checking teh debate forum for current topics.

I'm not down on TV. Well, wait, maybe a little. ;)

Not much on TV interests me outside of sports. I have watched a few shows religiously in the past but not anymore. Even my kids have little interest. They'll watch for a bit and then turn the thing off themselves without us having to intervene.

I don't have much interest in movies (unless they were made prior to 1980, as a general rule). And if I want theatre, hell, I live 90 miles from NYC. I don't see a reason to have a TV in my kitchen or for my kids to have a TV in their rooms. Just my feeling, not meant to denigrate anybody who does. To each his own.

I prefer books, anyway. :)

EDIT: All that said, I do have DirecTV and the gagillion channels that come with it, all for the super low price of $57/month. Good deal. I got it only because I couldn't get the Red Sox on cable in my town. Not bad, eh, 57 bucks a month to watch baseball. Ugh.

LOTS of good old movies on TV if you look. I will say though some nights with all those channels I have a hard time finding something I want to watch, some nights too much. :)

The other reason I have a TV in my kitchen is so I can do other things besides just sit there but still can watch a program. Actually I rarely sit and just watch TV unless I know it is a really good recommended movie. I usually have the TV on while I do other things around the house. When I lived in an apartment alone the TV was great company when no one was around.

I thought the point of going to the lakehouse was to get away from the teevee...:drunk:

I have no problem with TV per se, and I agree that there are a lot of interesting programs on TV, and I do watch once in a while. For me, though, watching TV is a low-priority activity that doesn't hold my interest for very long. I would rather listen to music, exercise, write, read, work on beer stuff, work on work stuff, do household projects, etc. than sit down and watch TV. Because I watch so infrequently, I resent paying $110+ a month for it. But, SWMBO does like TV and so do the kids, so they are the ones who watch it, not me.

Like I said above somewhere, I rarely sit down to watch TV I am usually running around cooking, cleaning, fixing stuff, working on my aquarium, brewing beer, watering house plants, playing with dog, making list of things to do, paying bills, etc. all while watching TV. I have so much going on I have no time to just sit there. When the sun is up I am usually working outside on one of our 100 projects we have going on at any one time.
When I used to exercize (a lot!!) I would watch TV. ;) For me music and working out did not work well.

7 in the house and I would like an 8th to put into the garage for when i brew outside.

Now i just need to increase my fridge amount past 4 + a freezer to really get my energy useage and carbon foot print up there!

5 display devices that are not computer monitors that is.

2 Projectors and 3 TVs

I have a projector in the Pool room and 1 in the living room with the whole audio setup too.

Then another 56" in the living room too for everyday stuff then a old school CRT in the fitness room and a LCD hanging in the bedroom.

I can send about anything from Directv, computer, radio or anything that goes into the receiver to almost all of them.

You must be really :drunk: because it wasn't me, either. I read a newspaper for my news. :)

I love the newspaper for news and stuff but we found we just don't have the time anymore to sit with a cup of coffee and read one. After pile after pile of newspapers to recycle that we sometimes never even opened we decided to cancel. They offered something like 6 months free. I said look, I said I don't have time anymore to read it so even if it is a lifetime free subscription the answer is no. We do however pick up a paper now and then at work to read and then bring home to start a fire. :mug:

Back