need help real bad

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docmoran

Reaction score
I need help real bad. Spent about 4 grand on getting keggles, pump etc to go all grain and nothing works.. I have my march pump below everything with the in/out in vertical position with 1/2inch ID noncollapsable tubing connecting everything and I cant get it working.. When I open my valve on HLT and then turn my pump on and valve to MLT I never fill the tubing -- literally I see it lightly streaming down the side of the tubing and the Pressure coming out the top of my MLT is a dribble then stops. I did everything to purge, not cavitate etc and wont work - all valves are functiong etc. What do???

Unhook from the highest point and hold the tubing below the pump and prime it.

It helps to have a bleed valve inline with the outlet to let air out.

If the outlet is pointing up then it should purge air automatically if not then you might want to remove (unplug pump first) the head and check for an obstruction.

If it still does not work then I'm really not sure what the problem is.

+1.

You have to move the OUT hose to a lower position to get it to prime, purge the air out, then attach it. You will only have to do this once during a brew session, typically.

I got it now - cookin with gas - excellent flow - just ended up playing with it like you suggested with prime heights -- thanks, doc.

Back