time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOO!

Okay, I'm fresh out of pictures of pints so I'mma mix things up a bit. I promise I will make the clues better to compensate.

03051118041.jpg

So even though that's the beginning of the first runnings, just outside the center of the pot is exactly the color of the final brew.

03051117361.jpg

Clue number two, the hop additions. Man, that photo would be gorgeous if I had a nice camera and not my camera phone.

Plaid is the couch, MLT is sitting on a table behind the couch, and the red comforter is my MLT insulation.

Clue #3: This isn't exotic. It's an easy one. Comes in English and American styls.

I couldn't get a good shot of the open fermentation I have going on... Nice thick healthy krausen doesn't show much underneath.
So have at it. Guess.
Hint: this is a dying style.

image-407929529.jpg

Reno_eNVy_446 said:
There ya go :rockin:

Have at it!

Aw cmon make this a little tougher... with 5 hop additions its gotta be a little more than a common IPA..

Im going to guess a Mild Ale for the new one

Aw cmon make this a little tougher... with 5 hop additions its gotta be a little more than a common IPA..

Nope, sticks with the BJCP guideline for an American IPA. I heavily late-hopped, thus the large number of additions.

No.
Hint #2: there are very few commercial examples and none are available in the US, that is unless a brewpub wants to brew it up. ;)

emjay said:
Southern English Brown

Yes... Now you're up....again

At this point I'm not posting about any beer I want to post in this thread, so now there is no more evidence in my history to go off of... Although I'm sure emjay got it on his own. You are a beer savant dude.

Ggjfhgd

I'm sorry... first person to go can do so.

mcbethenstein said:
Yes... Now you're up....again

At this point I'm not posting about any beer I want to post in this thread, so now there is no more evidence in my history to go off of... Although I'm sure emjay got it on his own. You are a beer savant dude.

Honestly, the color narrowed it down, as did the fact it isn't an American style. It took me like 2 minutes to skim through my BJCP app, see that beer had very few examples (none of them American), with the comments even calling it increasingly rare.

I don't mind quickly referring to the style guidelines, but reading through people's past posts, while the thought had occurred to me early on, is just way too tedious for my (actual) ADD to handle.

Ggjfhgd

I'm sorry... first person to go can do so.

Honestly, the color narrowed it down, as did the fact it isn't an American style. It took me like 2 minutes to skim through my BJCP app, see that beer had very few examples (none of them American), with the comments even calling it increasingly rare.

I don't mind quickly referring to the style guidelines, but reading through people's past posts, while the thought had occurred to me early on, is just way too tedious for my (actual) ADD to handle.

BJCP app? Awesome.

Boleslaus said:
BJCP app? Awesome.

Just found it in the Android Market.... ZymTools. Might be the same one emjays using because it had the same notation about it being an increasingly rare style

Nope. If you study the angle of the sun from my south facing window you could correctly deduce that I was drinking at 2 in the afternoon though :) I admit there is a little wheat in this recipe, but not enough to call it a weizen

Back