Does this make sense to you???????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to my bottle return depot about a year ago and bought 400 empty Grolsch bottles for $60. Most of the seals were still good, too. Some of the bottles were a bit grungy, but I soaked them all in TSP and bleach for a day, then ran them through my old dishwasher and they looked like new. That sure beats this guys price on eBay!

67coupe390 said:
Why are green bottles bad?

They let in UV light. They aren't BAD, per se, but you have to pretend they are clear and keep them out of the light or the beer will skunk. Same with blue bottles.

the_bird said:
They let in UV light. They aren't BAD, per se, but you have to pretend they are clear and keep them out of the light or the beer will skunk. Same with blue bottles.
I have been looking for blue beer bottle for a while! Does anyone know where to get 16oz or 12oz blue bottles. I would for sure keep them covered. They look so :rockin: and it would be a small price to pay covering them up to have sweet sweet blue bottles.

I've seen them in a few places online (can't find any quick, though), and my LHBS sells them. Swing-tops, but they are expensive as hell. Nice cobalt blue, but close to $30 for twelve 16oz (or maybe 20oz) bottles. Too pricey for me :(

EDIT: Google search on 'blue beer bottles' led me here:

http://www.beer-wine.com/category_page.asp?categoryID=16&sectionID=1

I the williams brewing cat. pg. 28 I saw the blue bottles. But they were not for sale. I might save up ang get 3 12'ers of the ez tops. Thanks Bird!!!

67coupe390 said:
I have been looking for blue beer bottle for a while! Does anyone know where to get 16oz or 12oz blue bottles. I would for sure keep them covered. They look so :rockin: and it would be a small price to pay covering them up to have sweet sweet blue bottles.

Here is a link to another place that has them:

http://www.homebrewit.com/aisle/2060

Back