Yeast to use for bottling root beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troutbumcolo

Reaction score
My nephew and I tried to make root beer kit and it did not carbonate. I have found a few recipes on here. I don't have a keg set up to dedicate a tap to yet. Operative word yet.

My nephew is coming next week and wants to try again. What kind of yeast do I need to bottle a batch. I will have the plastic bottles and know to put in fridge before grenades become possible. Any help truly appreciated.

And to follow up the yeast type, what is the amount of yeast needed for a five gallon batch?

CBC-1 is great for this kind of thing. Essentially flavorless and forms a nice, compact sediment.

I know this is an old post, but yeah, Champagne yeast all the way. It wont taste like beer/bread and the bubbles are awesome.

This turned out good with champagne yeast. Will look at Nottingham for the next batch.

That's great to hear troutbumcolo. Id love to hear how the Nottingham turns out for you. :)

Back