Forgot thermometer for new fermenter...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eves

Reaction score
Oops. I picked up a new fermentor this weekend and was getting ready to brew tomorrow and I realized I forgot to get a thermometer for it. Obviously for the long term I'm going to want one but could I get by without one? The new brew would be sitting right next to a fermentor that has a thermometer so couldn't that be good enough to judge the approx temp that is affecting the new fermentor? Before the yeast is pitched I could check the temp using my floating thermometer. So really after that all that matter is the temp in the room, right?

Duh! Nevermind. The nearest LHBS may not be close but I can just pick up an aquarium thermometer easily.

Yeah, be careful of the aquarium thermos. I bought two and when I got home I realised they only went as low os 64. D'oh!

Yeah I believe you're right about the min temp on those aquarium thermometers. But it'll do until I do my next online purchase.

Back