barley wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be doing a tasting soon and here is what I have

08 Sierra NevadaBigfoot
08 Mendicino Brewing Talon
2007 Flying Dog Horn Dog
2007 Clipper City Below Decks(From Baltimore)
2008 North Coast Stock Ale
St Arnolds Divine #6 ( thanks EdWort)
2005 Thomas Hardy Alle
Avery Samaels

Avery makes one, Hog Heaven, but I'm not sure if it's a good example, as it strikes me as more of a triple IPA.
It's sure good though.

Seems like more of an American Barleywine to me but either way it's my favorite for sure. :D

Monty, since you're in Balmer, try Clipper City Below Decks, Victory Old Horizontal, DuClaw Devil's Milk (due later this year, don't miss it!), Avery Hog Heaven as mentioned, Stone Old Guardian, Southern Tier Back Burner, and Sierra Nevada Bigfoot, just to a name a few locals and ones that have Maryland distribution.

Cheers!

in addition to those mentioned:

Stone Old Guardian
Bells/Third Coast Old Ale
Great Divide Old Ruffian
John Barleycorn's Barley Wine

I got to try half a pint of Lost Abbey's The Angel's Share at the Great British Beer Festival yesterday. Dear God. It was just incredible. Like nothing I've ever had before, and astoundingly good. They also had DFH Palo Santo Marron - that was pretty good too, but TBH after the Lost Abbey beer it was a bit of an anti-climax.

A great English-style Barleywine that isn't too hard to find here in the States is Young's Old Nick. Smooth with perfect balance of all elements. Heaven in a bottle!

English Barleywine > American Barleywine

:D

/just startin' flames!
//:p

Back