GQ Summer Brew with lemon...too much lemon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98EXL

Reaction score
Have had this in bottles for about a month now, and when I tried it last week, it tasted like Windex. Basically there was way too much lemon extract added. I added only half of the lemon extract that was given to me, but it's still way too much.

When I added it when I bottled it, it was not that strong...is there anyway that I can fix it? I don't want another lost batch

I don't have any failures left.......just this

it's fine, just WAY too much lemon taste

Could I do another batch without lemon, and mix the two.....even though they are way different in age?

ok, so that could be a plan.....figures I don't have a 10 gallon container to mix this all in.

How would I go about priming it? Use the same amount as I normally would since half of it already has been primed, or what?

Way too much of a novice to help with your problem but I noticed on your sig that you are drinking mad Bee Blonde Ale. Is that the recipe in Lutzen and Stevens book? Is it a Honey Wheat Ale? How'd it turn out. Just curious as thats up next on my to brew list.

Regards,
Alan W

orfy said:
Do you keg or bottle?

If you bottle I think I'd just blend when serving.

Or you could blend it with a micro brew...if you don't want to wait.

People like lemon with wheats. Maybe try to mix it with some American wheat?

make the other batch and then bottle in two batches. You could even experiment by doing 3 gals of one and 2 of the "windex" in the bottling bucket. Then when that is done, Do 3 gal of the "windex" and 2 of the other batch. kinda Newcastle-ish.
GL and let us know what happens

@GIusedtoBe - no, not a recipe from a book. I picked that up from the LHBS

@Beerrific - hmm, I could blend it with a microbew....but that sounds expensive, and I'd rather brew my own :D

@joebou4860 - that makes sense....maybe I'll try that

Back