What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good beer is good.

image.jpg

I'm not a DFH fan in any way, but a friend of mine gave me one of those to try. I thought it was actually pretty decent. Why, you ask? Because, unlike most of DFH's beers, I didn't want to pour it down the sink. :p

That's a good one! I think most of thieir stuff is..."intersteing" as well. Not "good" necessarily, but "interesting" for sure. I usually don't pour them down the sink though. Haha

That, noble rot, festina pêche, and wws are the only ones worth drinking imo

Never had Nobel Rot, Festina Peche or was, I guess I goth try them too then.

I haven't had Noble Rot or Festina Peche. But, India Brown is pretty good and WWS is awesome. I've never been a huge fan of 60, 90, or 120. Midas Touch is horrendous. Sixty One isn't terrible. I've heard Burton Baton was good but never tried that one

Looks like WWS is going to be my next purchase then! 2 posts saying it's good, that's good enough for me, I'm easily persuaded

On my 3rd Golden Road Brewing "Wolf among Weeds" IPA. Its an 8.0% powerhouse of an delicous IPA. So damn good. 16 oz. cans for the win. I wish more breweries went to cans. I know some people hate on cans, but really? The freshness of NO light and no air at all makes for some damn tasty IPAs.

Sounds like a great night. Much better than mine has been. Won't go into details. No one cares. Especially since it doesn't involve wearing a horse mask. ;)

Sent from a happy place where March madness doesn't exist

Hopefully all is well. I will read your response twice.

I haven't had Noble Rot or Festina Peche. But, India Brown is pretty good and WWS is awesome. I've never been a huge fan of 60, 90, or 120. Midas Touch is horrendous. Sixty One isn't terrible. I've heard Burton Baton was good but never tried that one either.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I loved Burton Baton. Generally I like DFH on draft, but sincerely dislike their product in bottle.

recycled pic, but working on the growler of OTWOA.

1395544128926.jpg

Latest offering from Anchor. It's really good! Impressed! I'm glad anchor is expanding there lineup

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395544224.451470.jpg

That's a good one! I think most of thieir stuff is..."intersteing" as well. Not "good" necessarily, but "interesting" for sure. I usually don't pour them down the sink though. Haha

Never had Nobel Rot, Festina Peche or was, I guess I goth try them too then.

Looks like WWS is going to be my next purchase then! 2 posts saying it's good, that's good enough for me, I'm easily persuaded

Wws is amazing, you won't be disappointed. Festina is a nice tart Berliner good for summer. Noble rot is almost like a sour, really refreshing too

Jim Boeheim = The Biggest Loser.

Water.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

So I am pretty sure that if I had to choose a single beer to drink every day for life it would be this. You fanboys can have Pliny. This stuff is the $hit!!!!!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395544611.297582.jpg

Oh, and it was bottled a few days ago :)

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395544644.414984.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'll tell you why I love it.
It manages to balance a chocolate bitterness with enough malt to make it not bitter, and then tosses in enough hops to balance this thing like a scale!
I like it a lot.
Hop, chocolate, coffee, sweet, bitter...a lot going on.

My response was just being sarcastic. ;) I think the reasons you listed are a pretty good description of why I enjoyed it. Got a nice dose of caramel, chocolate and coffee. And just enough hops to balance it out.

Wws is amazing, you won't be disappointed. Festina is a nice tart Berliner good for summer. Noble rot is almost like a sour, really refreshing too

Wow, just looked up WWS! 18% stout...I am down! Going to look for her next time I visit my local beer Meca. Thanks!

My response was just being sarcastic. ;) I think the reasons you listed are a pretty good description of why I enjoyed it. Got a nice dose of caramel, chocolate and coffee. And just enough hops to balance it out.

You? Sarcastic? C'mon really??

Cracked open the good stuff.

Jealous. I ran out of my añejo. Have some blanco and reposado laying around.

Sip that junk, man. It's awesome.

More water. Gotta kill this buzz.

Sent from my mobile device. /rant

Jealous. I ran out of my añejo. Have some blanco and reposado laying around.

Sip that junk, man. It's awesome.

More water. Gotta kill this buzz.

Sent from my mobile device. /rant

Choice between that and these...

1395546102139.jpg

1395546117680.jpg

1395546135000.jpg

Didn't have time to post but this is how we party in Texas. Had a few more while I was there

"I want to be smart as a horse and hung like Einstein"

Yes scenes like that do seem familiar to me :D
Having PBR while making dinner (fiancee working late) I think Im gonna let the Gandhi Bot settle a day or so after its arduous journey but have a Lewis & Clark IPA waiting in the fridge.

Didn't have time to post but this is how we party in Texas. Had a few more while I was there

Don't know if you call them craw dad's, crayfish, or yabbys but I call them delicious! I can eat about 10lbs of them and drink gallons of beer. Well done! Only been once but, it's been years since I've had an experience like that.

We call them crawfish. We had about 140lbs plus brisket, pork, chicken, and of course beer lol

All delicious. I can put away a lot of them. If your nose isn't running and crying, they are not hot enough.

We call them crawfish. We had about 140lbs plus brisket, pork, chicken, and of course beer lol

All delicious. I can put away a lot of them. If your nose isn't running and crying, they are not hot enough.

I can imagine that along with the cucumber jalapeño mead. :D

Lived in Louisiana when I was real young and sure miss them mud bugs... I could eat a metric assload of them. I also agree they better be covered in cayenne and make the eyes water to truly be enjoyed.

Had a Dirt Wolf, Old Chub, and now some Sex Panther while juicing tangelos

Back