My Future Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keezer is looking good. Keep it up! I think I am about to finally get around to adding some finishing touches to mine along with making my fermentation chamber.

its drying now, but I'm actually creating a "jetstream" that will travel the length of the beer lines so I can have the absolute coldest beer...EVER. Hopefully pictures tomorrow...we'll see how this goes.

Here is a picture of my line cooling system. it's a 4 " inductor fan as posted earlier reduced to 3 inches and the reduced to 2 inch 90 degree PVC. that then lead to the 3 inch PVC adaptor that will have my lines running through to the tap. should work well. we'll see.

2012-02-02_12-00-25_750[1].jpg

Here is my induction system. the middle 3" PVC is being supplied with the freezer air (controlled) and this is where my taps are running through. The 3" PVC on the left also has an induction fan but acting as a cold air return. I will fill it will expansion foam up to the top of the piping. Then I'm going to drill my taps and put styrofoam on the ceiling of the coffin box

2012-02-03_14-15-58_247[1].jpg

2012-02-03_14-16-07_175[1].jpg

Very nice! I like that you spaced your faucets out and could add two more down the line if you choose. That is exactly what I am looking for.

I realize they are rough markings, but will the 24" drip tray catch the two end faucets? I guess I'm looking for the inside dimension of the main coffin.

Yeah it will catch the drips from the faucet. It's pretty close but I measured this about 35 times. It literally goes from one side to the other perfectly

Looks great! Is that tumbled travertine tile? If so, one word of advice....go with a neutral grout like bone or muslin, because any darker doesn't work well. I had to re-tile my keezer, because I tried to use the same color grout that I used for my slate floors and it looked like crap. Also, once you grout it give it a few days and then make sure to seal the entire surface with a quality stone sealer. Nice work! Post some pics. of your first pint! Did you get my PM response about the carbonation procedures?

I got the lightest color grout...looks good so far. but its a f'ing mess. SO....by saturday I should have my first pour, but I'm still worried about my 5' beer lines. Paranoid

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!! first 2 homebrews ever. first 2 successes. time to get tatered folks. left is a red ale. right is a kiwi wheat that is delicious. and the keezer is done. Thanks HOPPO for all the help man, this s**t is up an kickin

Anyone have any idea on where I can find the thread that has all the keezers listed. I would like to try and put mine on there. This has been quite the accomplishment.

For those wanting to create one of these..I've had my done since february and this IS by far the most awesome thing I have created. A must for the homebrewer. Just a bit expensive. 25 gallons down, 15 more carbing now.

Back