HOMEBREW COST - The Addiction: My $$$ Per Pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont forget the cost of paying yourself by the hour on brew/botttle days.

have had a good chuckle reading this as it reminded me of what my father once said
FIGURES DON'T LIE BUT LIERS DO FIGURE enjoy and keep the humor

Dont forget the cost of paying yourself by the hour on brew/botttle days.

Do you pay yourself to cook and clean at your house? How about other hobbies? Do you pay yourself to fish, hunt, and garden. No, Because all the "work" is your reward. I more or less keep up with my expenses, but this is still a rewarding hobby that is nothing but enjoyment. We all have our budgets for fun and that is the only reason to keep up with the money spent.

This is an interesting topic. After reading the thread I sat down and did the math-not becasue it matters, just because I was curious.

I made 5 gals of Apfelwein and one extract batch before I jumped into all-grain head first, but on the cheap.;) I scavenenged most of my equipment and perused Craigs List. I have made 4 batches total. With equiment costs figured in, my cost is about $4.80 a pint which is pretty darn reasonabl in my mind. If I just figure ingredients my cost is closer to $.80. Really darn reasonable. I imagine my ingredient costs will come down as I get better at buying in bulk and finding deals. (but I am sure that will add more equipment. I already have a $75 Craig's List freezer, soon to be Keezer, sitting in my garage. Ha!)

But as I said earlier, it doesn't matter, it's just an exercise out of curiosity.

BTW, should a figure in the cost of brew day cigars? Ha!

Do you pay yourself to cook and clean at your house? How about other hobbies? Do you pay yourself to fish, hunt, and garden. No, Because all the "work" is your reward. I more or less keep up with my expenses, but this is still a rewarding hobby that is nothing but enjoyment. We all have our budgets for fun and that is the only reason to keep up with the money spent.

Yes i pay myself in beer.:mug:

Latest posts

Back