Single gauge regulator to double gauge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HowlingDogBrewer

Reaction score
I have been given a NADS single gauge CO2 regulator by a friend who doesn’t brew any more. If I want to make it a double gauge can I pick up a high pressure gauge like the one at More Beer (D1095 ) and just attach it to the second port on the regulator? Or is there more to a double gauge regulator?
Thanks,
Dwayne

I have been given a NADS single gauge CO2 regulator by a friend who doesn’t brew any more. If I want to make it a double gauge can I pick up a high pressure gauge like the one at More Beer (D1095 ) and just attach it to the second port on the regulator? Or is there more to a double gauge regulator?
Thanks,
Dwayne

The 2nd port should be where you put the high pressure guage, or chain a 2nd regulator onto it.
You may want to google your regulator, to see if you can find a spec sheet on it, to be sure!

Brewing supply shops online sell a nipple that you can use to daisy chain the two regulators. I believe you remove the pressure gauge off the first regulator, install the nipple, install the second regulator to the nipple, then install the gauge on the second regulator. I'm thinking about adding a second to mine too.

Most regulators are basically an X, (SIMPLIFIED) tubing wise.

The High pressure goes one way of the X and the low pressure goes the other.

Across from the inlet is where you would put the High pressure gauge.

Above the outlet is where the low pressure gauge is.

If you look on the back of the reg, you might see 'pri' and 'sec' Primary is High pressure, Secondary is Low pressure.

B

Depending on how old the high pressure side may be either left hand thread or right hand thread. Make sure you are ordering the correct gauge.

Back