You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...when you shower with your fermentor.

With my last couple batches, after I bottled I'd rinse my bucket out with warm water real quick, then put a half scoop of Oxyclean in it. Rather than stand by the sink with the little sprayer thing for what feels like FOREVER, knowing that I've got other stuff clean/organize, I've been putting the bucket under my shower head, then coming back in 10-15 minutes to turn the water off when the bucket is filled to the brim. Then, let it sit full in the shower overnight for a good soak.

The next morning when I get in to take a shower, I dump out most of the Oxyclean water and then scrub the krausen ring by hand. Dump the rest, rinse a few times, then set the bucket out of the shower and then take a normal shower.
:mug:

SWMBO is confused by my time-saving logic, but I'm pretty happy saving a little time and not having to carry 55lb of water around the house.

When you read this and think, nothing wrong with that.

The next morning when I get in to take a shower, I dump out most of the Oxyclean water and then scrub the krausen ring by hand. Dump the rest, rinse a few times, then set the bucket out of the shower and then take a normal shower.

You do this NAKED ?? OMG - what kind of a perverse and sick and twisted forum have I joined??

Is there no decency in you people?

...when you shower with your fermentor.

With my last couple batches, after I bottled I'd rinse my bucket out with warm water real quick, then put a half scoop of Oxyclean in it. Rather than stand by the sink with the little sprayer thing for what feels like FOREVER, knowing that I've got other stuff clean/organize, I've been putting the bucket under my shower head, then coming back in 10-15 minutes to turn the water off when the bucket is filled to the brim. Then, let it sit full in the shower overnight for a good soak.

:mug:

SWMBO is confused by my time-saving logic, but I'm pretty happy saving a little time and not having to carry 55lb of water around the house.

To go along with this...
When the phrase "I have a Belgian Blonde waiting for me in the shower that needs some attention" is totally normal and doesn't raise an eyebrow.

You do this NAKED ?? OMG - what kind of a perverse and sick and twisted forum have I joined??

This is the part where I ask if you're new here, but I can see you're not...
:pipe:

lol, no.

To go along with this...
When the phrase "I have a Belgian Blonde waiting for me in the shower that needs some attention" is totally normal and doesn't raise an eyebrow.

Fact. :mug:

You've been brewing not naked? Maybe its your habits that need to be questioned. And decency, yes. Modesty, not so much.

The speed registering on the car speedometer reminds you of the readout of your digital temp controller.

(Freeway speeds are in the ale range)

When I stopped drinking beer to get drunk, and started drinking beer to see if I could determine what flavor notes it had and where it fit within the BJCP categories.

Drinking used to be fun, sigh.

g55bq.jpg

When you give away 8 cases of perfectly good clean bottles and you still have 6 on hand that you're unlikely to use because you're kegging now... But you hang on to them 'just in case'.

When you give away 8 cases of perfectly good clean bottles and you still have 6 on hand that you're unlikely to use because you're kegging now... But you hang on to them 'just in case'.

I have a recycling trashcan full of empty bottles from beer I'd bought from the store. A friend came over for some drinks and when I tossed bottles from beer we drank into the can, they asked if I was going to recycle all of them. I had to explain to him that they were for when I decide to start bottling my homebrew. Some people just don't get it.

When you have over 100 bottles,can't fill all of them at any given time. But you keep trying. Then hunt for better boxes to put them in. And your freezer,fridge,& pantry have brewing stuff taking up space. Then,the comp room starts turning into a make-shift man cave...Couldn't be me,no not me...

⬆This guy must be spying on me⬆

You buy wines (especially champagnes) partially because you think the labels will be easily removed.

Lol, or you wont buy beers that have painted on labels. Even my wife looks at beer bottles and before we buy them she asks if I can bottle in them

⬆This guy must be spying on me⬆

Over 3 or 4 hundred bottles now, & I gave smeltz about half of what I did have! Brewery moreso than man cave now. Got mom & dad's old 1921 drop leaf shaker table in here too.
But you also know you're a home brewer when your chili pepper growing son finally asks you to come up with a IIPA for them & help design the label! :rockin::ban::rockin:

You know you're a homebrewer when you check the hopsdirect.com website EVERY SINGLE FRIDAY waiting for the 2014 hop you want to get pelletized.

Woohoo! Northern Brewer finally available, and before they ran out of Amarillo!

When you realize the birds are mimicking the sound of your set temp alarm on your e-HERMS brewing panel...

Then they start making sounds like people talking outside at a distance. Then they fly closer & you here Canadian Geese. I thought at first it was the locals with torches & pitchforks...;)

Back