Noob's pointless post 1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FifteenTen

Reaction score
I had such a noob moment last weekend I thought I’d share it. Though I’m sure I’m not the first one to experience this. I went to a friend’s house for a party this weekend. There were several of us drinking beer. Finishing one, I went to the kitchen and put my bottle in the recycle area. Something niggled at the back of my mind. Paying it no mind, I finished another and put it in the recycle area. That’s when it hit me. I was setting my 12oz next to two orphaned 22oz bottles, of which I had none at home in my horde. A quick rinse and they were mine. It seems bottling brewers are by default, bottle collectors.
Hey man, can I have that bottle?

YOu have no Idea. I was up to 12 cases of 12oz bottles and 3 cases of 22s once. It was rediculous. THen I bought a kegerator.

I asked my brother inlaw to start saving his bottles for me and in return I will give him beer. In less then a month and a half, him and his friends had about 350 rinsed bottles for me. I owe him some brew.

Problem I find is most people are drinking swill out of clear glass.

Very True. It seems unfortunately hard to find people who enjoy pop-top brown bottle beers. I have 6 cases full right now and need 9 more in the next 30 days. I only have maybe three cases of empties on deck. By my math, that's a lot of Sam Adams from BJ's in less than a month. Anyone thirsty?

My sister works at a sushi restaurant and she had people save the 22oz for me. This combined with what we drink and I am set. Until I can afford a kegerator this will have to do. I don't mind bottling, getting good at it.

Man last year at Dark Lord Day I looked like a bum tryin to get bottle deposits back. Had several bags I was filling up with all the great 22oz bottles laying around the tasting tables.

haha. still confused, and still drunk. i was never mad, (no grounds to be, i'm not black:D)
i just thought it was a good word. never heard it before. i've been drinking a little and it struck my fancy. forgot what the original post was about(like i said i'be been drinkin), but good luck! cheers!:tank:

My friends have been great about saving me bottles when they buy good beer (they usually drink michelob golden light... bleh). I pay them back in free beer, so they're more than happy to oblige. I still have a bunch sitting empty, but you can bet they'll be filled once the weather here warms up, and I get my mash tun finished!

okay... ready for this?

I am active duty and was deployed to Djibouti, yup, you read that correctly, Djibouti. It was there that I had my first Tusker, a Kenyan Lager. They come in .5L, pop tops. I don't know whether to be ashamed or proud, but I went to the recycle bins daily until I had collected about 200+ bottles. I rinsed and crated them in a plywood box. When I left, they went with me...

My buddy is a bartender at a local pub/restaurant that does a ton of business. I was just given permission to raid the recycling bin whenever I please. Jackpot!

Lmao, making our own beer has turned us into bums.

Yep! I'm always scrounging at our poker games quietly cursing the Pacifico drinkers.

I did notice that at our local bowling alley they had boxes out for people to put empties in. The next time I'm in need, that's where I'm headed.

I scour Craigslist everyday in hopes that someone has free bottles up there.

Very True. It seems unfortunately hard to find people who enjoy pop-top brown bottle beers. I have 6 cases full right now and need 9 more in the next 30 days. I only have maybe three cases of empties on deck. By my math, that's a lot of Sam Adams from BJ's in less than a month. Anyone thirsty?

I am in the same situation, I need 6 cases in the next 45 days. Either I need to start drinking or someone needs to send me some bottles.

Back