What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmmmm. I need more of this in my face hole

ForumRunner_20130826_195119.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
Why do you need a 4hr boil?

I don't think you ever need a 4 hr boil, but I wanted to try a turbid mash. Collected wort until it hit (what tasted like) 1.008, which was 10 gallons for a 6.5 gallon batch. Hair under 6 gallons in the fermenter at 1.054. Bug Farm pitched and relaxing after an 8+ hr brew day with DCHokie's S/asz - a soured pale ale I think.

image-3616170894.jpg

Hop bitterness works well with the strong lactic and faint acetic sourness. Wish I would have opened this side by side with my other sour homebrew earlier. Excellent beer at the end of an excellent brew day.

NIZZLE said:
I could post a Sheeet ton of non Michigan beers I drunk but hears all I got to say broham!

bwahahahahahaha! Carry on kind sir!
Edit: he also lives here in Michigan :p

You liked that? I thought you only liked Big Red Coq. Bwahahahahaha!!!

TNGabe said:
Another kid or another beer?

Another beer. If we added another kid, I'd probably be admitted to the loony bin, and play with the curtains all day long. Everything turned out fine though, but it was a very trying day...

jerryteague said:
Another beer. If we added another kid, I'd probably be admitted to the loony bin, and play with the curtains all day long. Everything turned out fine though, but it was a very trying day...

You're a good man Jerry. Hardest thing I did today was squeeze some wort out of barely damp grain.

image-3984156376.jpg

TNGabe said:
You're a good man Jerry. Hardest thing I did today was squeeze some wort out of barely damp grain.

Thanks Gabe, I bet the wort tastes good though (when its fermented)! I planned a brew this weekend, but it never happened (good thing too, I forgot to buy more Oxyclean, and I'm out). I think I'm gonna do a couple of quick brews, then brew lagers until February (gotta have some Czech pilsner for spring).

Having a Smithwick pale ale now...

Thanks Gabe, I bet the wort tastes good though (when its fermented)! I planned a brew this weekend, but it never happened (good thing too, I forgot to buy more Oxyclean, and I'm out). I think I'm gonna do a couple of quick brews, then brew lagers until February (gotta have some Czech pilsner for spring).

Having a Smithwick pale ale now...

I'll find out in a year or three. I put the Wild Brew I got from you in the fridge earlier thinking my wife would share it with me, but she's gone to bed. I should proably save it for tomorrow...:drunk:

Just passed my 1 year brewing anniversary. I realize I'm still very new at this whole thing, so would someone tell me the preferred term one uses for a beer that they'd rather not actually admit that they're drinking. You know, on one of those nights where ya just want to watch the dead soldiers pile up in the trash can?

Oh right. Free beer.

Just passed my 1 year brewing anniversary. I realize I'm still very new at this whole thing, so would someone tell me the preferred term one uses for a beer that they'd rather not actually admit that they're drinking. You know, on one of those nights where ya just want to watch the dead soldiers pile up in the trash can?

Oh right. Free beer.

As soon as I read your post, I remembered I brewed my first solo batch one year ago today. Unintentionally celebrated with a long and complicated beer. Batch #61.

TNGabe said:
I'll find out in a year or three. I put the Wild Brew I got from you in the fridge earlier thinking my wife would share it with me, but she's gone to bed. I should proably save it for tomorrow...:drunk:

Yeah, that would be a wise choice. I just drank my last one yesterday, and it was still awesome. I wasn't going to drink my last one, but I needed one more bottle for the Saison I just finished, and there was no way in hell I was gonna drink my last bottle of Prairie wine barrel noir...

BrewinHooligan said:
Mmmmmm. I need more of this in my face hole

Had one this weekend, one of my absolute favorites , I could drink it all day, except I would be fall down drunk.

A shot of Apollo Horseradish Vodka my fiancees boss bought her from a new distillery in Northern Michigan. Its pretty damn smooth and tasty! Especially at 84 proof.

ForumRunner_20130827_004649.jpg

Coffee, got some large scale brew stuff on the agenda today at a local brewery y'all might have heard of them, but I'm not one to drop names.

Does that make me a homer?

Coffee, got some large scale brew stuff on the agenda today at a local brewery y'all might have heard of them, but I'm not one to drop names.

Yup you foooking homer ;-) but it also makes him a *********. On the coffee hear as well

Drinking crappy Timmy Ho's coffee. Sorry you Canucks. Waiting for our meeting to begin where they tell me I'm supposed to ride in my boss' minivan for 18 hours to Oklahoma. Did I mention I get car sick? >:-(

Drinking crappy Timmy Ho's coffee. Sorry you Canucks. Waiting for our meeting to begin where they tell me I'm supposed to ride in my boss' minivan for 18 hours to Oklahoma. Did I mention I get car sick? >:-(

Oh come on it will be a good ol time :p

Vigo_Carpathian said:
On vacation at the Kona brewing company in Hawaii. Sampling their IPA, red, porter, and brown. Round 2 coming up.

I went there years ago before I was even drinking age. So I was only able to have their cream soda.
Have a great vacation!

Channel66 said:

I guess it depends on what extensive research says. I was actually wondering if I was a homer as well? Does it just apply to MI?

I guess it depends on what extensive research says. I was actually wondering if I was a homer as well? Does it just apply to MI?

From my understanding people in Vermont aren't homers they are villagers, or village people. But I don't have stats to back this claim up.

Watttahhhh

Same here.

The weather is cooling down here which means I drink less beer and start to get serious again. I think you Mainahs call it beast mode, or something like that.

Well see being that Heady makes arguably the best IPA in the world you are not allowed to claim that because you live there. Instead you have to pick something out of state. May I suggest a nice Michigan IPA such as DRIPA from Kuhnhenn? :D

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Well see being that Heady makes arguably the best IPA in the world you are not allowed to claim that because you live there. Instead you have to pick something out of state. May I suggest a nice Michigan IPA such as DRIPA from Kuhnhenn? :D

People have been really talking up the DRIPA on here lately. Kicking myself that I didn't grab a growler of it when a local place had it recently.

People have been really talking up the DRIPA on here lately. Kicking myself that I didn't grab a growler of it when a local place had it recently.

I was at the brewery a week or so ago and got a growler of it. (First time having it) Pretty phenomenal beer.

Wait just a minute you guy's also love beer from your home state? W.T.F. is wrong with you guess that makes us all homers huh? Well except for ***** lips he's not a homer.

enjoy_ds_nuts_tote_bag.jpg
^He can go ahead and^

NIZZLE said:
Wait just a minute you guy's also love beer from your home state? W.T.F. is wrong with you guess that makes us all homers huh? Well except for ***** lips he's not a homer.

^He can go ahead and^

Haha

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:

Ill have to check into that!!

Latest posts

Back